Former employee wants to reclaim charges

rebeccalmuir
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just wondering if anyone can help,

I worked for the Natwest very briefly who made me open an account to have wages paid into. They due to a number of reasons all their fault negelcted to pay me for two and a half months. I took an overdraft of a hundred pounds out with them to help. When my employment was terminated by them recently they overpaid me by a hundred or so pounds, which they withdrew form my account without informing me a few days later this left the account 232 pounds overdrawn. Which they have charged me for i made a transfer to the account for this amount so i could close it and intended on forgetting about the charge. Only to find when i went to close the account that a further 75 pound charge for standing orders had been added despite me sending a letter previously to cancel the S/O. Lo and behold i check my account again and a further charge has been added for what i have no idea. Then i get some mail this morning informing me that they are going to charge me next month. Not too sue what to do but I am fuming. should i go in first and ask for it back or should i just send the letter hope someone can help

Thanks

Hi Rebecca

You have come to the right place. Have a read through the FAQs - it will tell you how to reclaim your charges - including a step-by-step guide.

Good luck!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest NATTIE

Rebecca,if you have a copy of the letter, surely as a former employee you would know that this is a bank error and charges would have to be refunded(Sorry if I sound like a "surely you would know").