Is this a April fools wind up?? Car dealership and my deposit.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No dealer can kid me that they can keep a prospective buyers deposit when the haven't even seen the car in the flesh let alone test driven it

You obviously live in a different world to everyone else JC, many people purchase cars by placing a deposit without actually seeing it. Foolish in my opinion but never the less it happens. As for the OP, I think the garage have acted in a very professional manner, hardly any car dealer these days carries out work before selling a vehicle as they may end up selling it on to the trade. They notified the OP as soon as they possibly could regarding the delay, not there fault the OP lives a fair distance away from them. Surely if your going to travel, you would call the dealer before setting out to ensure the car was ready to collect?

Connif, deepthroat & tbern, thank you for your input and wise words. It has been hard work trying to get JC to understand how things work in the real world. I for one would have no hesitation in dealing with the company in question, as they appear to have acted with integrity in making sure the vehicle was without fault before the OP drove it away and not all dealers would have done so.

• Haha 1