just printed off the DPA letter

ethel_bloggs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

for my partner and myself.

I've addressed it to Penny Berryman, is this correct? We're going to post them tomorrow and send by recorded delivery so they should get it on Monday so I put Monday's date on them, is this also ok?

I was amazed when I read about this situation earlier this afternoon and indeed have spent most of this afternoon and evening reading about it.

Lloydstsb have generally not been helpful nor supportive to me, particularly during my divorce several years ago and also recently when my card was stolen and they refused to reimburse the stolen money because I knew who the thief was and tried to recover the money myself before involving them, so I feel that they owe me.

One thing that does worry me is that because of their mismanagement of my money, on many occasions they left me unable to pay other credit card bills and a loan that I had and so my credit rating is wrecked. If they decide to close my account, which from what I've read is a distinct possibility - does anyone know of a kind bank which will let me have a current account with direct debits/standing orders and a debit card?

Thanks for everything and I will keep you posted on what happens.

Hello and welcome. Try Natwest Step Account. As a Bank they are as bad as Lloyds but I suppose they are all the same.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Hello :)

I will have a look at the natwest one. thanks for that.

B/f is sceptical that this is going to work but I figure we've got nothing to lose but a bit of time, so it's got to be worth a go, hasn't it?

Emailed the dpa letter instead, received standard reply from "Keith Boden"

Also applied for step accounts and recieved the paperwork today so hopefully that will all go thru ok and we'll have back up accounts ready soon.

Just have to wait n see what happens next.

• 2 weeks later...

Read the FAQs. They can charge a maximum of £10 and have 40 days from receipt of your payment.

Can you scan your letter and email it to [email protected]?

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 2 weeks later...

well........... sorry I've not been here sooner - got all my statements and gone through them and the gits owe me £1264!!!

They also sent me a list of I presume manual interventions, they seem a bit gobbledegook to me tho :s

Just typed and printed off the letter before action and going to send it to customer care in the morning :D B/F has lost his nerve after speaking to his lawyer father about it, so it's just me now :(

Also got my parachute account in place.. natwest step acct.

Richard I will scan the letters as soon I get my scanner working (something wrong with the usb thingy)

Thanks everyone for your help.. I've read PrincessAphrodite's thread and it's made me even more determined, so thank you to her too :)

Please, please PLEASE give this forum address to bf's father, it's unacceptable that as a lawyer, he should be able to put people off reclaiming charges unlawfully levied, he obviously is in serious need of re-education (Chairwoman Mao, me :D ). Even more worrying is that if he can put off your bf, who knows who else too?

Or maybe, when you get your money back, your bf will have more faith in you than in Daddy? :D

hehe.. daddy's a nice man, just a bit old fashioned. When b/f saw the letter before action I had written I could see he was mulling it over in his head so we shall see :D

He is going to give daddy the link to here next time he goes to visit them :D

Forgot to say.. I've also contacted the LTSB insurance dept about getting a refund on my mis-sold PPI.. chap I spoke to advised on the best way to go about it and also wished me luck :D He wasn't bothered as he's leaving soon to take on a whole new career route (ended up having a good old chat with him (minor flirting even..), and got his full name and ext hehehe)

Wondering now if he'd be willing to say something aobut the penalty charges although I'm not sure he's in the right dept cos he's in the insurance bit?

Whoaaaaaa!! is this a record? I handed the letter in to my branch at 4.30ish on monday afternoon and got a reply this morning.. that's about 36 hours turnaround, hehe.

It was just the standard.. it's your own fault blah blah if you dont like it go elsewhere letter with a leaflet enclosed.

Time for the letter before action one now.. something tells me they won't be as fast to reply to that one ;)

emailed the letter, as well as intending to hand it in to my branch this afternoon on my way to work.. had the following replies

____________________________________________________-

CONTACT.US

to me

More options 13:35 (1 hour ago)

Thanks for your e-mail.

I have passed this on to David Just as requested.

Regards

Keith Boden

Lloyds TSB

Service Recovery

Birmingham

and.....

Berryman, Penny

to me

More options 11:57 (2½ hours ago)

I am out of the office on the morning of 12 April. Urgent enquiries to Nilima on 020 7*** ****.

seems weird to see fictional characters referring to other fictional characters, (david just and keith boden) lmfao

will keep you posted further :D

Not sure if you should post the number. It might be a direct line to somone. She's only doing a job. Our anger needs to be spread around it would not be fair to funnel it.

• 2 weeks later...

ooh errrrrrrr the 14 days is up tomorrow.........then I guess it's off to court we go :s

On a positive note however, they have agreed to refund me the PPI I had on a loan without protesting at all :D they've said they'll credit my account within 21 days of receving my acceptance. BTW... can someone explain what ex gratia means pls?

This seems interesting.. am just on the money claim site.. starting to fill in the particulars and was going to use the customer care address, is this correct? anyway....... I put it in and clicked on look up and there are two solicitor firms listed at that address.. seems a bit weird to me, dunno bout anyone else, lol

Hi ethel any more info on how you got ppi back would be helpful thanks

Empire.. I found it on another forum.,, hope I'm not being out of order if I post a link to it here.. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=117175, have a read through, although it is a rather long thread but full of templates and useful informations.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

I've not received any statements since march on this account, which seems a bit odd and I know I went over my overdraft limit a couple of times in March/April so I just called their phone banking service and asked for the most recent charges so I can put the most up to date figures into the moneyclaim site.. how bizarre that now the operatives don't have access to that information and I was advised to call the account management dept tomorrow.

Just seems wierd to me that all the other times I've called up and asked to know the most recent charges they've always been able to provide them there and then :-/

Empire.. I found it on another forum.,, hope I'm not being out of order if I post a link to it here.. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=117175, have a read through, although it is a rather long thread but full of templates and useful informations.

HTH

it is not all are the order to post a link to the MSE site. Martin Lewis is extremely helpful to us and we are always pleased to carry links to his site.

Thank you for that Bankfodder.. In fact it was an article on Martin's site that pointed me over here :)

On the money claim site.. I din't tick the box that said about human rights violations.. is this correct?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks