what's going on with Natwest?

mich7k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi can anyone help just got a letter out of the blue today stating that after a review of my accounts NatWest regret to tell me they are closing my accounts, i have 2 step accounts and a isa account account is being maintained ok and i have all of my salary and tax credits etc paid into my account as its a bank holiday i called the actionline and they said they cant help as they can see nothiing wrong with my account and i should call back on Tuesday any ideas?

Can they do this? is it anything to do with the credit crunch?

• 2 weeks later...
hi can anyone help just got a letter out of the blue today stating that after a review of my accounts NatWest regret to tell me they are closing my accounts, i have 2 step accounts and a isa account account is being maintained ok and i have all of my salary and tax credits etc paid into my account as its a bank holiday i called the actionline and they said they cant help as they can see nothiing wrong with my account and i should call back on Tuesday any ideas?

Can they do this? is it anything to do with the credit crunch?

Hi Mich.

Did you manage to resolve this? I know Egg have closed credit card accounts, but i hadn't realised it was happening with bank accounts as well.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

hi there no joy i'm afraid i called the number on the letter i recieved i was told that i he doesent know why its up to the branch but they wont tell you cause they are under no obligation to tell me so i just left it but i tell you this i am gonna claim back every charge they ever gave me! i let them handle all of my wages and benefits etc even opened accts for my kids and they treated me like that cause im not making them any money! i will get it back!

That's disgraceful. It will be interesting to see if anyone has had the same problem.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.