Natwest have taken us to court - please help

peep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It does appear to be a bit confusing doesnt it. Hopefully someone will be along soon to give you some advice. Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell x

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi peep,

The judge didn't assume that you brought the case, as he clearly refers to you as the defendant.

The main part of your case is to do with bank current account penalty charges so it seems obvious that he should wait until any final decision is made. We should hear something one way or another about it soon.

Don't forget though - and this is very important - the judge said that you had to write upto 500 words after the result of the OFT case explaining the effect it has on your case. The burden is on you to do that.

BUMP -

Nicklea - could you please read number 2 as above as it just doesnt make sense.

please help

peep

Peep x

Bite me and i'll bite back....

This is the website where they can get the poc, well it's not exactly the poc but it's an updated one after the banks put in their defences:-

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/personal-current-accounts/OFT's-joint-reply-and-def.pdf?version=1

When the order was made, it was probably before the judgement had been published. It would be good to give him the judgement as well:-

The case is Office of Fair Trading v Abbey National Plc & 7 Ors [2008] EWHC 875 (Comm) (24 April 2008) and the link to it is here:-

Office of Fair Trading v Abbey National Plc & 7 Ors [2008] EWHC 875 (Comm) (24 April 2008)

If you send these two links to the court then that is what they are after

I called the court today who have said that the above is a standard letter they issue when the banks ask for a stay.

She has stated that it is wrong as they have assumed that it was me who brought the claim and they will re issue the paperwork with me as the defendant, not the bank.

Thank god for that

Peep x

That is good news peeps :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Peep,

I just wanted to say hi. I'm a newby.

I read your whole thread and am tacking notes as I'm in a similar situation + about £25k.

Good luck, I'll start a thread.....

askl

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

Just wondering if there is anything I could do as the Natwest still havnt furnished me with any of my particulars in request for information, which was submitted back in May?

Or the 14 day order for info that was put in with our defence also in may.

Also not had any particulatrs of their claim yet too.

It just does'nt seem right that they dont have to supply any info just cause the case has been stayed.

does anyone know??

Peep

Peep x