DCA - Can they default an account twice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i will be corrected if wrong but, if you have a payment plan with a dca and miss payments, they can then default you

this only applies if the account has been assigned to the dca and you have acknowledged the account, if not the answer is no

when was the last time you checked your credit file

is the dca on their

have you asked the dca in your cca request for the notice of assignment to see if they are legally able to collect debt and threaten legal action

one more point, was it the finance company or dca that defaulted you in the first place

a note of encouragement

a dca last week put a default on my credit file, wait for it, from 1998

had it removed with in 48 hours

i had no contact from 1998 so straight forward

like i said some one will confirm the default issue and re registering it once it is owned by a dca

ime just going by my own experience and good luck

one of the default guys will be along shortly to confirm

if the original default has elapsed and fallen off your credit file and the dca has not defaulted you in the six year period,

i believe you cannot be defaulted again

dont want to give inaccurate advice so confirmation by an expert will be along shortly

good news for you i hope

Could i just clarify, if your account has been passed to a DCA but you were not aware of this as no contact has been made of a couple of years and you were never paying the DCA anything, then they cannot default you?

[COLOR=blue]THAMES CREDIT: STATUTE BARRED LETTER SENT [/COLOR][COLOR=red]No reply[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]HILLSDEN SECURITIES: CCA REQUESTED [/COLOR][COLOR=red]No reply[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]ROBINSON WAY: CCA REQUESTED [/COLOR][COLOR=red]In default, 30 days up 6th April[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000ff]LOWELL: CCA REQUESTED [COLOR=red]In default 30 days up 6th April made offer for F&F - refused [/COLOR] :D [/COLOR]