My computer is dying.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a suggestion but for 35 of our truly british pounds, orange will supply you with a brand new phone and free Hewlett Packard laptop. I know coz im using it now.

Brilliant

not bad spec either

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Try laptops direct Laptops Direct - they have a factory outlet section you can grab a bargain just simply because a box has been opened, I saved £200 because the machine I bought has 1 dead pixel.

Just type in factory outlet in the search box and search away just compare the price with say Dixon's for an idea of saving and read the small print for the full list of faults first.

Hope this helps.

Nufsaid. :)

:(:confused:Confused, sad,bewildered,befuddled,bemused,disorientated,lonley until I came here, moving forward to :smile::lol: ,trying not to let them drag me down.:cool:

Need it necessarily be a laptop? A desktop will be considerably cheaper, and, if you're willing to self-build, you can be sure of getting a system you want, rather than buying something that comes with bloatware installed.

If it needs to be a laptop, I'll put in a second recommendation for Laptops Direct. I purchased an Acer from them some years ago and was very happy with the price (about £300, IIRC).

If it can be either, and you'd rather not self build, I can recommend the pre-built bundles offered by both Misco and Overclockers.

Just be aware that if you do buy mainstream, you are likely to have only Vista as a choice of OS.

^^^ opppsie didn't realise you couldn't do commercial links sorry my bad. :p

I have been edited.

Nufsaid. :)

:(:confused:Confused, sad,bewildered,befuddled,bemused,disorientated,lonley until I came here, moving forward to :smile::lol: ,trying not to let them drag me down.:cool:

Need it necessarily be a laptop? A desktop will be considerably cheaper, and, if you're willing to self-build, you can be sure of getting a system you want, rather than buying something that comes with bloatware installed.

I've got a laptop, it's my desktop that's dying.

Where i'll buy it from will build it for me, to my spec' for no extra cost.

Money's no object either when it comes to my PC. :D

..... Quite literally!

Suggestions for new computer spec's please!!

Let's keep it sensible:

2Gb RAM

512K Gfx

Minimum!

Are you sure you only want 512k for the graphics? Would 512MB not be a bit better? ;)

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Thanks Robert for the gfx typo observation... :)

Those of you that know me better will know that i'm a gambler, and that I like to play live poker, the slotszz, and the pokeys....... :D

Well, i've just got home from 11am yesterday (Saturday morning) and my combined winnings from the fruities, live poker, and the poker machines (the pokeys) is.............. Drum Roll....................... £1340.70 :cool:

(and i'm as drunk as a rotten skunk right now!!!)

I've ordered and paid for my new PC in cash!

It'll be delivered on Easter Saturday.

Dual Core thingy - Top Spec Motherboard (4.0 Ghz)

2.0 Gb RAM

512Mb nVidia Gfx card

Vista Home Premium

All in one Epson Inkjet Scanner/Printer/photo/disk/Printer

All singing/dancing clear case with Neon back lights

500 Gbyte hard drive primary drive

200 Gbyte hard drive second drive

2 X MultiWriter 16x/32x DUAL LAYER CD/DVD/ROM drives

Phillips 7:1 - 80 Watts Surround Sound

24" TFT Digital - Dedicated Screen

Digital TV Card

1Kw clear & neon lit power supply to compliment case

And more...!

Not bad for a days work ehh?...!!!

Time for a curry I think?! Anyone for a keema sandwich....?

Edit: Not the best of idea's at 2 in the morning! :roll:

:D

700GB hard drive? WTF are you downloading?

Or storing. I have a little under 2TB on my home PC, spread over four hard-drives. One for my OS and programs, one for my webwork and a few games, one for my music and audio work (most of which is uncompressed so uses up lots of space), and one which backs up important data from the other three on a weekly basis.

Hard drives are rather like money; although you once survived quite happily on less, you never have enough these days. :grin:

Congrats DMD it's nice to hear someone is having some good luck :D

YEah, 700gb isn't all that these days - I've managed to free up about 2tb recently by 'reclaiming' the older discs in my machine.

700gb would barely hold my photos. Damn 11 megapixel camera!!

(and don't tell me to lower the res, I LIKE having high res ;-) )

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Hard drives are rather like money; although you once survived quite happily on less, you never have enough these days. :grin:

Ha - I've always said that HDD space is like wages: It doesn't matter how much you earn, you'll always spend 10% more!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Any more ideas for computer spec... ?

I'll be closing the tab on Tuesday so they can build it...

Here's a reminder.....

Dual Core 4.0 Ghz Motherboard

2.0 Gb RAM

512Mb nVidia Gfx card

Vista Home Premium

All in one Epson Inkjet Scanner/Printer/photo/disk/Printer

All singing/dancing clear case with Neon back lights

500 Gbyte hard drive primary drive

200 Gbyte hard drive second drive

2 X MultiWriter 16x/32x DUAL LAYER CD/DVD/ROM drives

Phillips 7:1 - 80 Watts Surround Sound

24" TFT Digital - Dedicated Screen

Digital TV Card

1Kw clear & neon lit power supply to compliment case

Let's imagine money is no object!

(Considering i'm nearly £1800 up from gambling over the last 2 days!)

Last idea's please! :)

I might just quickly add... For those who may think that i'm "bulling"...

I'll be taking some pictures on Saturday when it's all here and set up, and having a damn good boast!! :p