GMAC - Help pls, what do I do now....!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Hope you can help me....Im claiming just over a £1,000.00 in charges from GMAC and have just received their final response which basically states their charges are in line with their Tariff of Charges and that their charges are not disproportionally high (I think a £50.00 arrears fee and £30.00 unpaid DD is high) and are therefore justified!!!!! Do I now go to the Financial Ombusman or the Courts and if so what do I need to do. Any help greatly appreciated. :confused:

If you have received their final response, I would involve the FOS and would also consider starting a claim to get this money back in the same way as you would any other charges you feel are unlawful.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

..Im claiming just over a £1,000.00 in charges from GMAC and have just received their final response which basically states their charges are in line with their Tariff of Charges and that their charges are not disproportionally high.

Of course they would say that.

They dont want to give you your money back.

(I think a £50.00 arrears fee and £30.00 unpaid DD is high)

I agree with you. Have a read here.

Do I now go to the Financial Ombusman or the Courts and if so what do I need to do.

Only you can choose which.

The FOS are taking 22 days just to answer your complaint FOS and over 12 weeks to resolve it.

If you choose to go the court route send GMAC an LBA here detailing your demands.

They have 14 days to reply.

If you go the court route, you must show that you have taken all reasonable steps to allow them to repay.

If after 14 days you want to go the court route, you download an N1 HERE

and submit it to your local court.

If you have received their final response, I would involve the FOS and would also consider starting a claim to get this money back in the same way as you would any other charges you feel are unlawful.

The FOS will not deal with your claim once you have submitted at court.

Any probs just shout.

Good luck.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Tonycee, thanks so much for your response and well done, it certainly has given me hope. I have already done the LBA (got this from Martin Lewis site before I discovered this site) and a letter 14 days after that stating I would be taking further action unless they complied to my request for a full refund. GMAC have replied as a "final response" detailing above. Im really tempted to go the Court route as doesnt look like it actually gets to court, although know I shouldnt presume. Can anyone tell me if they have ever won against GMAC pls and whether it actually went to court, what time span and how they did it.

Hi I reclaimed 7 x £50.00 Arreaes fee and 3 x £10.00 non payment by D/D from GMAC did this with the help of Financial Ombudsman Service

Letter sent to FOS 7 August 2007

Full and final Goodwill gesture for the full amount 20 October 2007.

January 2008 successfully claimed back MEAF's Mortgage Exit Administration Fees

good luck

Gmac are paying out if you persue the claim you can go to the FSO or through the courts have you told GMAC you are going to the FSO it might move them on wards Im waiting to hear about my claim