style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the warning ukaviator, however judging by what I have seen so far giving incorrect advice on this site is the norm so perhaps you should concentarte on that, I on the the other hand would prefer to provide those in need with a practical and workable solution, I am aware of the impliactions of providing personal information so you can rest assured about that. I assume STB is upset that he has been exposed as quite useless in the advice field hence the message you have sent.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that some of the advice given is wrong and I would hate to see you make fools of yourself just by blindly following it.

How could you possibly know that?:confused:

giving incorrect advice is the norm on this site

:|that is an offensive and incorrect statement, and you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Most of the people who offer support and advice on this site not only know what they are talking about but have been through this themselves.

If you had bothered to read the hundreds of threads previously you would know that.

It is fair to say that some advice given is questionable, but on this forum in particular such advice is well meant and usually gently corrected by those of us who know better. We don't all agree, we are not a big happy family, but we generally sing from the same hymn sheet.

So, since a reasonable person would not make the statements that you have based upon the available facts, there must be some other reason for your anger.

I hope you resolve whatever it is that is upsetting you, but please don't muddy the waters for the many people who need help when they come to this site.

If there is some comment you don't agree with, then say what it is, and why you disagree with it - no matter what you've said so far we'll be glad to correct it, or acknowledge a valuable contribution.

nuff said I think:)

It is fair to say that some advice given is questionable, but on this forum in particular such advice is well meant and usually gently corrected by those of us who know better. We don't all agree, we are not a big happy family, but we generally sing from the same hymn sheet.

I think you have probably answered your own point here

nuff said I think:-)

Chris600uk

Originally Posted by The Chunchmeister viewpost.gif

giving incorrect advice is the norm on this site

:-|that is an offensive and incorrect statement, and you clearly don't know what you are talking about

You will only find this satement offensive if it is true and the fact you state it is incorrect is errenoues, read my responses carefully and you will find that I do actually know what I am talking about. This site is about telling people the truth and not what "you think they want to hear"

As for the angry bit I am not sure where you are coming from, it annoys me that so many people can say what they like and pass it off as the "gospel truth" to be blindly followed by the innocent without providing any sound evidence or proven method. The fact that they may have been through it themselves does not add any weight to the credibilty or accuracy of what they say, sometimes the reverse..

Prove me wrong by all means and if you provide a reasoned argument I will listen, however please bear in mind that I am, as you are, entitled to my own opinion and to suggest that I am not a reasoanble person is without foundation and factually incorrect.

Please read my comments, they may be controversial but you will struggle to prove them wrong and surely that is what this site is all about?????

i think whats people are trying to do here is say what they have been thru and not what the person should do .lets not all forget one thing here . people are asking for help.and dont what to hear if this one is right or that one is right . many people give there accounts here . but what may work for one may not for another so what im trying to say for all who are trying to help the one in distress keep up the good work and if the odd interfering mr perfect comes along and thinks he or she know it all then just carry on as if hes not writing a damn thing

can we now try and get this back on topic please.

MissConfused Have you had any response from the Council today?

I have had a letter from the Councils Solicitor, they dont seem to like the threat of legal action.

David O'Connor-Long ( Councils Solicitor) wanted me to confirm if i was going to take legal action or allow the council to investigate more into the complaint

but u was right people come on here to help people who are distressed and u always get a big head who know it all .and nobody wants that we are all here for the same reason somewhere along the lines

Couldn't agree more, I've been there myself.

I have had a letter from the Councils Solicitor, they dont seem to like the threat of legal action.

David O'Connor-Long ( Councils Solicitor) wanted me to confirm if i was going to take legal action or allow the council to investigate more into the complaint

Well you could ask them how long they think they will need, and it would sound more reasonable if you do end up in Court, which I always think is to be avoided wherever possible.

Couldn't agree more, I've been there myself.

Well you could ask them how long they think they will need, and it would sound more reasonable if you do end up in Court, which I always think is to be avoided wherever possible.

My response was

It’s clear we have a legal problem here which needs to be addressed by the council.

With regards to the Solicitor, I have a meeting with Susan Curl on 31-03-2008 regarding the case with the council, If however the council are able to complete the complaint with an agreement to all parties involved, then I will cancel the meeting with the Solicitor.

As for the angry bit I am not sure where you are coming from, it annoys me that so many people can say what they like and pass it off as the "gospel truth" to be blindly followed by the innocent without providing any sound evidence or proven method. The fact that they may have been through it themselves does not add any weight to the credibilty or accuracy of what they say, sometimes the reverse..

Prove me wrong by all means and if you provide a reasoned argument I will listen, however please bear in mind that I am, as you are, entitled to my own opinion and to suggest that I am not a reasoanble person is without foundation and factually incorrect.

While I don't disagree with what you say, I am sceptical in as much as the advice given, which you claim is wrong/misleading etc, is at least posted on the forum for everyone to see and is therefore open to challenge with reasoned arguement.

On the other hand, while vehemently disagreeing with that advice, you only seem prepared to offer help by PM.

That makes me extremely suspicious of both your arguement and your motives.

My response was

It’s clear we have a legal problem here which needs to be addressed by the council.

With regards to the Solicitor, I have a meeting with Susan Curl on 31-03-2008 regarding the case with the council, If however the council are able to complete the complaint with an agreement to all parties involved, then I will cancel the meeting with the Solicitor.

sounds good to me:)

Michael I am obliged for your partial vote of confidence

While I don't disagree with what you say, I am sceptical in as much as the advice given, which you claim is wrong/misleading etc, is at least posted on the forum for everyone to see and is therefore open to challenge with reasoned arguement.

On the other hand, while vehemently disagreeing with that advice, you only seem prepared to offer help by PM.

My only reason for dealing with issues by PM is that of confidentiality in that there is likely to be some information of a personal nature involved.

You should note that where I have vehemently disagreed I have provided evidence, VAT on Bailiff fees etc, so my responses are not without some foundation.

It is not being "big headed" as suggested, there are just too many people on here giving the wrong information which has got to be a bad thing

Guest Screw The Bailiff

And I'll second that. Trolls and those touting a counselling service come & go. For all we know it could be the same person.

Guest Screw The Bailiff
My only reason for dealing with issues by PM is that of confidentiality in that there is likely to be some information of a personal nature involved.

Theres no need to discuss personal data to get advice on how to deal with bailiffs. Its not good enough to say 'send me a PM with the bailffs name and we'll check our database'. That database is public information and its called the HMCS Public Register of Bailiffs & anyone can check whether a bailiff is certificated. Its merely a ploy to start PM dialog and exchange phone numbers and tout a commercial service or an 0901 template download service.

Not convincing. Posting on the forum is for the communal good, not just the OP.

Are you saying that any advice you offer is completely free? Please bear in mind that PM's are not as secure as you might think.

Guest Screw The Bailiff

Moderators cannot read a users PM messages. Administrators can if they know how to read an SQL database on the server. Mods can see a posters IP number and can see what usernames share that IP number (except AOL & cable and shared IP pooled services). It doesn't tell them very much.

Not convincing. Posting on the forum is for the communal good, not just the OP.

Are you saying that any advice you offer is completely free? Please bear in mind that PM's are not as secure as you might think.

Another fair comment, yes to free advice and I will keep it on here, however I make no apologies if people do not like my comments or responses so don't go bleating to administrators just because you may not like it, thanks for the advice about PM which I will now avoid.

Everybody - this thread seems to have gotten slightly out of hand, ever since our friend The Chunchmeister - joined in....do you think we can get this back on track now??

Benwell - No, I haven't heard anything back from the Council, but then I'm not really expecting to, because the lady I spoke to seemed quite happy with the attachment of earnings! As they would, because they'll get their money, which is fair enough.

Have you had anymore responses from the Council as yet?

Chunchmeister - everybody is entitled to their opinions, but if you are so clued up - then why not post your advice on here, so that we may all benefit from it? I don't see what you have to loose.......unless of course you are wrong.

Friday, I had an email from the Councils Solicitor, i Replyed to this email and now today i received the below

Mark Sandhu, Head of Customer Services, in our Strategic Resources Department. He will investigate your complaint and will write to you by 31 March 2008.

I agreed with there solicitor to hold any legal action until 31-03-08

but advised, if no response was given by 31-03-08 my solicitor would then take over the case.

Theres no need to discuss personal data to get advice on how to deal with bailiffs. Its not good enough to say 'send me a PM with the bailffs name and we'll check our database'. That database is public information and its called the HMCS Public Register of Bailiffs & anyone can check whether a bailiff is certificated. Its merely a ploy to start PM dialog and exchange phone numbers and tout a commercial service or an 0901 template download service.

As I believe that I am the only person who offers to "search our database to establish whether or not a bailiff is certificated" then I assume that this dig is meant for me. If so, PLEASE be assured that I most certainly do not use this to "tout a commercial service".

The truth is that I have personaly.....and without any charge have helped endless people on this forum....and will continue to do so. If ANYBODY wants access to download any documents from our website then a password is provided to enable them UNLIMITED access.

As for the comment that the Bailiff Register is available to the public...that is correct and so it should be. But until such time as bailiff names are recorded on-line, a search can only be undertaken between 10am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Great for bailiffs.....but not the public !!!

These comments are NOT helpful in any way.