A little advice please......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Over the years I have had my share of issues with unpaid debts however by the end of last year I had, I thought, put a lid on all outsandings debts.

How mistaken I was, starting mid-January a sting of letters stated arriving from various DCA's demanding payments for.........

Student Loan - The DCA state that I owe them a boat load of money on this. And I must admist that in the deep, distant past I do recall that I might have had a student loan as I was at University for 2 years from 96-98. However I have had not contact from anyone up until now which I find a little odd. I can't find any paperwork relating to this and am unsure how to proceed. What's more is they are sending letters to the office I work in which concerns me as the rest of the DCA's all seem to be able to get letters to my home address.

N-Power - The DCA state that I owe them £100, I used N-Power at my old house (moved over 2 years ago) and am sure that the accout was closed without issue. However I have had a DCA contact me saying I owe the money. What is highly coincidental is that they have also written to me at work with the letter arriving on the same day as the one re Student Loan.

What concerns me is where they got my work address from as I have never (for all the obvious reasons) given it to anyone re bills etc and all of a sudden stiff starts turning up.

MBNA - The DCA state that I owe £1500 on an MBNA card from 1998. This is really strange as I don't believe that I have ever had an MBNA card. What's stranger is that after having queried this I have apparently made a £21 payment on it back in 2006 which I am sure I would remember. Also the account apparently has my address history on it albeit over a year out of step and not complete.

Barclaycard - The same DCA as are chasing the supposed MBNA debt are handling this one. I am happy to stick my hands up to owing Barclaycard money. The only point for debate is how much. Prior to the card being passed to the DCA I wrote (and spoke) to Barclaycard about the unreasonable charges on the card and requesting a refund of them prior to settlement. I heard nothing back (what a surprise) until 3 years later when the above DCA contacted me. What's more the debt has gone up from the original amount and now stands at over 3 x the original credit limit.

Any guidance on how to deal with the above would be greatly recived.

Thanks in advance.

Hi matty and welcome to CAG :)

Student Loan - Statute barred

N Power - Request copy of final bill from DCA

MBNA - Statute barred

Barclaycard - CCA request

Here's the letter you need just fill in your details...

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

YOUR ADDRESS

DATE

THEIR ADDRESS

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number XXXXXXX

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. This payment is NOT to be paid used for any other purpose.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Amend to suit, add a line reqyesting full statement account, this is FOC, enclose £1 postal order keeping a copy of the number to check if they cash it and send all via recorded delivery keeping copies of everything sent. DON'T sign the letter, print your name ;)