• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fuel Protest

JOSH_IOU
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder how many of you think the tax system on fuel is unfair.

Fuel is taxed twice – firstly by fuel duty and then by VAT. Fuel duty is a fixed amount (47.1p per litre for unleaded and diesel) and VAT is a percentage (17.5%).

The money that is raised by fuel taxation goes into the Chancellors pot and taxpayers money is spent on health, education, social services and so on. In the 2004–05 fiscal year, fuel duty alone generated approximately £23.5 billion and this does not include the VAT raised on the fuel sold. In the 2005-06 fiscal year only £21 billion will be spent by government on transport as a whole. So, fuel taxation not only pays for the upkeep of our roads but it also helps to pay for the other things that government spends our money on.

Does petrol cost too much?

Is it fair for government to make money this way? After all the Gordon Brown regime is supposed to be for the people.

I guess he just dose not like motorists.

CAG is against unfair practices imposed on consumer's

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't just think one protest would be enough. And we would want a solution before any protest was called off.

I propose a 3 day protest Saturday Sunday and Monday May 3rd 4th and 5th up and down the country.

Blockades need to be arranged enough is enough its time to take action.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

Station : Western Way Garage

Address : Stamfordham Road, Ponteland, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE20 9TW

Brand : Jet

Distance: 3.06 miles

Price : 104.9p

Updated : 03-03-2008

---------------------------

Station : Throckley Filling Station

Address : Hexham Road, Throckley, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE15 9DX

Brand : Gb

Distance: 4.21 miles

Price : 105.9p

Updated : 28-02-2008

Station : Co-op Priory Darras Hall

Address : Broadway, Ponteland, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE20 9PW

Brand : Bp

Distance: 1.69 miles

Price : 106.9p

Station : Chapel House Service Station

Address : Hillhead Parkway, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE5 1DQ

Brand : Total

Distance: 4.71 miles

Price : 106.9p

What about Dover docks? There's 3 exits on a small roundabout - ALL Dover freight traffic needs to go through there - there is no other way to get to the docks. The ferries coming in wouldn't be able to unload their passenger's cars or lorries, which would cause blocks over in Calais too.

Just 5 cars could bring it to a standstill - which means the M20, M26 and M5 would be at a standstill within 48 hours.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Hi Dave sounds like an idea for 1 of the protests.

Right so far 3 day protest Saturday Sunday and Monday May 3rd 4th and 5th

Dover Docks Protest

The aim of this is to bring the traffic to a halt and cause max amount of dissruption in protest over high fuel Tax.

With an additional aim to build support on the 3rd day and further blockades.

Dave could you Pm evryone?

Empowerd there is alot of people upset by this. And lack the encouragement.

I'm afraid not - to PM 170k people would probably take me the rest of my life!

This needs some organisation first.

It's actually illegal to obstruct a public highway, so someone needs to find out about the penalties we are likely to face, the fines etc..., and what powers the police will have to move us on.

Someone would need to get in touch with haulage firms to see if they would be willing to join.

Bear in mind, it's illegal (I think it still is anyway) for lorries to drive in France on Sundays (or Saturdays, or maybe both), so it would only effect holidaymakers and/or day trippers.

Maybe a go(very)slow would be better around the same areas - having the same effect, yet not a direct breach of the law (as far as I know, again this would have to be verified).

Times would need to be organised and synchronised for maximum effect.

The knock on effects would have to be taken into consideration as well, whatever they will be.

I'm willing to offer support and even server space for a website and help putting it together, and an automated email address that people can email and received details straight back into their inbox.

Aside from that, I can't do a lot more - I don't even have a car to blockade with, although I will most certainly be attending.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Everyone is in agreement including me, but to pour some cold water on it, you all know in your hearts that nothing, absolutely nothing will make this governement change their minds.

They are not interested in the publics view of things. By electing them they think they have cart blanch to do whatever they want without consultation.

The referendum is a good indication of this.

Gordon Brown and his wingers lie and cheat or at the very best, economical with it and are only interested in their pensions and expenses, and blow the rest of us.

Go-slow protests have been held before.

If we co-ordinate with the police then we are not breaking the law.

Here is a good website on the topic.

Your Rights: The Right of peaceful protest: Using the highway: Using the highway

I will attempt to find out what haulage firms operate from Dover

Good idea - I do happen to agree with Coniff though - there is very little that will change these bigots' ideas, short of serious action.

I'll probably be shot down for this, but there needs to be riots, and not here, but at No 10.

The moment these over-protected Orwellian subscribers are in fear, is the only time they will seriously consider change. It's classic "school bully" syndrome.

People should look to the Velvet Revolution in Czech.

I think that this CAN happen - I also think this is the reason behind destroying societical norms like public houses, clubs, etc.... it stops people mixing and actually realising that we are sleepwalking into a police/facist state as the only point of reference would be the tabliods.

------------

------------

we are sleepwalking into a police/facist state

We have been that for quite some time now, its only as time passes that we see more & more of our "freedoms" eroded, usually in the name of national security. Wait for those all controlling identity cards..

We have been that for quite some time now, its only as time passes that we see more & more of our "freedoms" eroded, usually in the name of national security. Wait for those all controlling identity cards..

Which are coming sooner than you think. Check the link below.

ID cards to go to airport workers first

The chancellor is going to put off raising fuel duty.

He claims it is going to help us out:rolleyes: ya i could hardly stop laughing as well.

The delay will only be a few months. But in the meantime petrol prices will go up at the pumps. So after a few more rises at the pumps i'd imagine the 2p rise would be a 5p rise? Who is to no what goes through the mind of the holder of the red box.

Hi

Anyone considering fuel protests should contact the Road Haulage Assoc. as they will have all the info from the previous protests. Also I believe that the owner of a transport company near Peterborough co-ordinated the last one.

The weekend you are proposing the protest is the weekend that Truckfest Peterborough (the biggest trucking show in the UK) is held. - Just potentially relevant info!

Regards

Sue

Cheers for that suecrill I wonder what Dave thinks!

Something needs to be done.

The chancellor is going to put off raising fuel duty.

He claims it is going to help us out:rolleyes: ya i could hardly stop laughing as well.

The delay will only be a few months. But in the meantime petrol prices will go up at the pumps. So after a few more rises at the pumps i'd imagine the 2p rise would be a 5p rise? Who is to no what goes through the mind of the holder of the red box.

Yeah, he's going to hold off the 2p rise for 6 months, THEN he's going to raise it 2.5p. "Oh thank you oh wise one - I'm truly stupid and I truly believe that you are helping us out."

Bah!

The one think I can't stand is to watch the stupidity of people who applaud the raising of fuel duty in the name of 'the environment'.

If raising the price of fuel ACTUALLY got people off of the roads then all fine and dandy - but......IT DOESN'T - now, in my job, if I continually do something that doesn't work, and then keep doing it, I would be sacked (quite rightly). Usually, if I try something that doesn't work, I try something else, and so-on until I find something that DOES work.

There are more cars on the road year on year DESPITE the stupid rises in fuel costs. It therefore does not work. Now, either we are being lied to (my prefered assumption) or we truly do have dunces in the cabinet.

I, for one, do not believe these people to be stupid.

------------

------------

thanks for doing that bwfs

Hi All,

I dont wish to be rude but your car only takes £65.00 to fill a lorry takes a good part of £600.00 so the haluage compines know only to well what is going on.

Thats why so many of them are closeing and trying to cut corners at every turn.

What is all this money being spent on is what the question should be and if they say they are trying (lol) to cut co2 gas then why oh why does most of the trains stop when people need them stop runing on weekends and holidays.

I think driving around the M25 would do far more you can drive at 50 or 40 without breaking the law, do that on a friday or monday and see what happens,

I for one would join just say when.

Cheers is it me?.

You make a good point but £65 to someone that is on benefits is a lot of money. Just like £600 to a haulage company is.

your offer of support has been taken into account.