style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys..In a bit of a pickle. Ime being taken to court for bankruptcy by the council for unpaid council tax.. I dont deny the debt (1800) and will be halfway there by 28th March (court.day).trouble is I have a house (worth about 90 thou) .. have I any options? any idea what I can expect?..'ooh what to do Teddy!' ..yours franticly..ffcat

ok so heres the gist.. they have to go for charging orders for over 5000 of debt ( this takes longer than bankruptcy which is instant). no lower limit on bankruptcy.. all the outscourced councils are under extreme pressure to get debts down as part of targets.. I owe them 1,800 pounds ..I have no other debts.. I had to close my bank account when they escalated my overdrawn account by eight pounds a day + charge for letter informing me of same...I am financially excluded.but savvy enough to preserve my internet..(sporadicly..) If this is happening to you.. go see cab now.. see webpage at ..Alarm at rush to bankrupt council tax debtors | Money | The Observer

for council policy see http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/Media/Council%20Tax%20Feb%2003.pdf?MEDIA_ID=190945&FILENAME=Council%20Tax%20Feb%2003.pdf

Try and get the debt below 750 by the date of the hearing.. visit your local credit union ( find them.. they are essential).and ask about money line.. you dont have to be a credit union member to apply for a loan (up to a thou) Ime off there tomorrow.. anyone from Newcastle, Sheffield, Leeds,

Bristol or birmingham out there ( same policy and collection agency) and in the same boat? i may only be the tip of an imminent iceberg....anyone know forced bankruptcy law?