Barclaycard Account in Dispute

mattb_2007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh, I do need help.

I'm going to bullet point my problem so hopefully it's easier to follow.

1. Received £120 from Barclaycard when asking for £346.46

2. Told I accepted as part payment

3. Received a letter stating within 3 days of letter my cred limit would drop to £260 from £600.

4. Heard nothing back from Barclaycard.

5. The sudden drop in cred limit got me into another mess with charges.

6. Sent the same letter to Barclaycard again, heard nothing.

7. Account referred to Mercers.

8. Told Mercers about my problem, not very sympathetic.

9. Still no response at all from Barclaycard - this time asked on letter to freeze account to solve dispute and prevent further charges.

10. Then received letter from Scot Call telling me to contact Mercers or else.

11. Contacted mercers who said pay £52.00 otherwise people coming to my door etc. - who when I told them I didn't believe I owed that money Isuggested sending copy of letters sent to BC to mercers to show whats going on. He actually said to me the account would be moved to ScotCall on monday and I couldnt deal with mercers anymore unless i coughed up.

12. Rang ScotCall who said that wasn't the case but still decided to add that people were coming round to collect the money.

Hope that makes some sort of sense. I'm really troubled what to do. I do owe some money to them but confused on how to deal with three parties either not contacting or giving me differing info.

Help greatly appreciated.

Hi Matt,

First advice is don't talk to them. Mercers and Scotcall just want money from you and are not interested in resolving your charges reclaim. Tell them to put anything in writing and hang up.

Have you sent the site's Prelim and LBA letters and when.

You may be able to get your chgs refunded without filing at court but you must be prepared to do this if nec'y.

If you've suffered further a/c chgs since your Prelim ltr, you can update your SOC to include latest chgs up to when you file at court.

It's up to you whether to pay BC/Mercers - if it keeps the a/c in order so you can continue to use it, thats fine. However, if you're not happy to pay, then don't.

Assuming you've done the Prelim ltr already, they already know the a/c is in dispute and should not be demanding pay'ts from you.

Give us details of your claim to date (ie dates and types of ltrs sent) and we can advise on your next moves.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)