British Gas/Reclaiming owed money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

Wondered if anyone could help or advise me.

My gas supplier is British gas and I use the a Prepayment meter.

Back in January I had a faulty meter replaced which had £18.75 worth of credit left on it, I was told when I received my new top up card I had to top up my meter 3 days in a row from the same outlet in order to reclaim the money owed to me. As this did not work I phoned BG again and was told to do exactly the same, which I did. I did this 3 times.

The new meter incurred a fault so on 13th of Febuary I had yet another meter fitted, I had £8 worth of credit left on old meter so again I phoned BG telling them that they owed me a total of £26.75

Once again I was told to top up my meter 3 days in a row in order to reclaim the money. I have done this 5 times now and still not been refunded.

Some might say its only 26 quid forget about it, but its the principle and after hearing yesterday about them boasting of huges profits recently im even more determined to get my money back. If I owed them money they would be on my back wanting it paid. With the price of everything on the up, to me 26 pounds worth of gas is alot to lose.

I have phoned and complained but it just seems to fall on deaf ears, so if anyone knows what else I can do/say or had a similar problem I would love to hear from you.

Thanks everyone

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hello all

Wondered if anyone could help or advise me.

My gas supplier is British gas and I use the a Prepayment meter.

Back in January I had a faulty meter replaced which had £18.75 worth of credit left on it, I was told when I received my new top up card I had to top up my meter 3 days in a row from the same outlet in order to reclaim the money owed to me. As this did not work I phoned BG again and was told to do exactly the same, which I did. I did this 3 times.

The new meter incurred a fault so on 13th of Febuary I had yet another meter fitted, I had £8 worth of credit left on old meter so again I phoned BG telling them that they owed me a total of £26.75

Once again I was told to top up my meter 3 days in a row in order to reclaim the money. I have done this 5 times now and still not been refunded.

Some might say its only 26 quid forget about it, but its the principle and after hearing yesterday about them boasting of huges profits recently im even more determined to get my money back. If I owed them money they would be on my back wanting it paid. With the price of everything on the up, to me 26 pounds worth of gas is alot to lose.

I have phoned and complained but it just seems to fall on deaf ears, so if anyone knows what else I can do/say or had a similar problem I would love to hear from you.

Thanks everyone

Hi

you might consider complaining to energy watch below is a link to their web-site energywatch: Make a complaint

• 4 years later...

hi there, been a while since i posted but i feel i have to vent someplace after the performance had with British gas customer disservice ,

it began on Wednesday dint have cash as benefit was delayed, so pawned all i had left my wedding ring so as to allow e to credit G and E meter, only got enuf to put 5 pound on each ended up taking 4.20 debt and left 80p emergency...

called bg and i explained i have a severely disabled son who needs turning ect hes doubly incontinent and i do everything for him so i get income support as a full time carer for my son exlpained he needed bathing 3 maybe 4 times a day our heating cooking and water is all gas i dont even own an electric kettle to heat water dont own microwave to feed him warm food.......first guy spoke too was really nice.. and sent ten pound emergency via an engineer.......... with me so far? ........ anyways today i want got credit enuf until get paid so i thought i brought card home put it in and it said call help! so did call BG again someone called sharon loughrn in south africa! she said nothing she could do

and can i not just shower my son instead? this was 8am in the morning had just got my son up and he was very soiled( sorry maybe tmi) and he needed cleaning and bathed he has pressure sores and its v easy infected during this time my sons social worker arrived and witnessed the state my son had been left in for three hours before BG turned up and vented her concerns

my son is 21 and weighs 15 n half stone im 5 ft 1 and weigh 9 stone she said can i not just mannage him in to the shower erm dont have a shower and besides do they think if i had have had a shower i wouldnt have thought of that JEEZE some peeps anyways asked for supervisor told sorry they will say the same by this time im raging i had just got my son out of bed to bath and change him NO GAS!! the money i had topped up was awol.......... phone BG again another hour on fone got told to go to neare3st pay point and put a pound on card aNBD THEY WOULD REFUND MY MONEY so in the pouring rain for the second time i did this we dont drive and i had to take my son with me 3mile round trip ........... we got home soaked put card in meter and it took the pound ninty pence debt left me ten pence!! so again called brithish gas again this is 4th time today the call i made this time i explind my problem as asked and was told ohh thats too much information i dont need to hear that and HUNG UP! so have done stage one complaints still waiting on a call back all i want is the money i paid this morning on my card what can i do i have told them my sons welfare rights advisor was herwe at 4pm today and they promised to call me be4 that im still waiting with v lkittle gas any advice do they not have a duty of care to vulnerable people sorry message garbled but writting this streaming with tears please understand xx any help please?? x:sad: