• Tweets

• Hi I have to agree with @unclebulgaria67 post#3 For the funding side of moving to a new area and it being private supported accommodation I would also suggest speaking to private supported accommodation provider about funding but also contact the Local Council for that area and have a chat with them about funding because if you are in receipt of Housing Benefit certain Supported Accommodation that meets a certain criteria is treated as ‘exempt accommodation’ for Housing Benefit purposes but you need to confirm this with that relevant Council in your new area especially since it is Private Supported Accommodation as each Council can have slightly different rules on this. If you have a certain medical condition look up the charities and also have a wee chat with them as they may be able to point you to different Grants to assist with moving costs and your question about funding for private supported accommodation as well.
    • Hi Just to be clear a Notice to Quit is only the very start of the Housing Association going down the Eviction route there is a long process to go. Also to be clear if you leave at the Notice to Quit date only and go to the Council claiming you are Homeless they will more than likely class you as Intentionally Homeless therefore you have no right to be given temporary housing by the Council. The only way that works is when the Court has Granted a Possession Order then you can approach the Council as Homeless with the Court Order. As for the Housing Association issuing the Notice to Quit because there investigation has proved it's not your main residence but you have witness statement to prove otherwise. From now on with the Housing Association you need to keep a very good paper trail and ensure to get free proof of posting from the post office with anything you send to them. You now need to make a Formal Complaint to the Housing Association and please amend the following to suit your needs:   Dear Sir/Madam FORMAL COMPLAINT Reference: Notice to Quit Letter Dated XX/XX/2024, Hand Delivered on XX/XX/2024 I note in your letter that you stated that the Housing Association has carried out an investigation into myself and came to the conclusion that I am not using this property as my main residence and have evidence of this and have therefore issued a 'Notice to Quit' by XX/XX/2024. I find the above actions absolutely disgraceful action by the Housing Association. 1. Why have I never been informed nor asked about this matter by my Housing Officer. 2. Why have I never been given the opportunity to defend myself before the Housing Association out of the blue Hand Delivered a Notice to Quit Letter. 3. I have evidence and witnesses/statements that prove this is my Main Residence and more than willing provide this to both the Housing Association and the Court. I now require the following: 1. Copy of your Complaints Policy (not the leaflet) 2. Copy of your Customer Care Charter (not the leaflet) 3. Copies of your Investigation into this not being my main residence.    As well as the above you need to send the Housing Association urgently a Subject Access Request (SAR) requesting 'ALL DATA' that simple phrase covers whatever format they hold that in whether it be letters, email, recorded calls etc. The Housing Association then has 30 calendar days to respond but that time limit only starts once they acknowledge your SAR Request. If they fail to respond within that time limit its then off with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).     
    • Hi Sorry for the delay in getting back to you The email excuse and I do say excuse to add to your account and if court decide LL can't recoup costs will be removed is a joke. So I would Ask them: Ask them to provide you with the exact terms within your Tenancy Agreement that allows them to add these Court Fees to your Account before it has been decided in Court by a Judge. Until the above is answered you require these Court Fees to be removed from your Account (Note: I will all be down to your Tenancy Agreement so have a good look through it to see what if any fees they can add to your account in these circumstances)
    • Thank you for your responses. As requested, some more detail. Please forgive, I'm writing this on my phone which always makes for less than perfect grammar. My Dad tries but English not his 1st language, i'm born and bred in England, a qualified accountant and i often help him with his admin. On this occasion I helped my dad put in his renewal driving licence application around 6 weeks before expiry and with it the disclosure of his sleep apnoea. Once the licence expired I told him to get in touch with his GP, because the DVLA were offering only radio silence at that time (excuses of backlogs When I called to chase up). The GP charged £30 for an opinion letter on his ability to drive based on his medical history- at the time I didn't take a copy of the letter, but I am hoping this will be key evidence that we can rely on as to why s88 applies because in the GP opinion they saw no reason he couldn't drive i need to see the letter again as im going only on memory- we forwarded the letter in a chase up / complaint to the DVLA.  In December, everything went quiet RE the sleep apnoea (i presume his GP had given assurance) but the DVLA noticed there had been a 2nd medical issue in the past, when my father suffered a one off mini stroke 3 years prior. That condition had long been resolved via an operation (on his brain of all places, it was a scary time, but he came through unscathed) and he's never had an issue since. We were able to respond to that query very promptly (within the 14 days) and the next communication was the licence being granted 2 months later. DVLA have been very slow in responding every step of the way.  I realise by not disclosing the mini stroke at the time, and again on renewal (had I known I'd have encouraged it) he was potentially committing an offence, however that is not relevant to the current charge being levied, which is that he was unable to rely on s88 because of a current medical issue (not one that had been resolved). I could be wrong, I'm not a legal expert! The letter is a summons I believe because its a speeding offence (59 in a temp roadworks 50 limit on the A1, ironically whist driving up to visit me). We pleaded guilty to the speeding but not guilty to the s87.  DVLA always confirmed to me on the phone that the licence had not been revoked and that he "May" be able to continue to drive. They also confirmed in writing, but the letter explains the DVLA offer no opinion on the matter and that its up to the driver to seek legal advice. I'll take the advice to contact DVLA medical group. I'm going to contact the GP to make sure they received the SAR request for data, and make it clear we need to see a copy of the opinion letter. In terms of whether to continue to fight this, or to continue with the defence, do we have any idea of the potential consequences of either option? Thanks all
    • stopping payments until a DN arrives does not equal automatic sale to a DCA...if you resume payments after the DN.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Thompson miscalculate and ask me for more money

johans
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

excuse the simplistic title but that`s it!

yesterday i was offered a package holiday at a branch and after a couple of hours to think it over ,i called back and accepted the offer and paid by debit card.

they called me this morning to say that although i had given all information i was asked, their system has now decreed that my 13 year old daughter does not count as a child and therefore they want another £250 off me or they will cancel the holiday!

They point out that the brochure states that 12 is the limit but i reminded them that i did not book it by the brochure but directly with one of their reps who along with several other packages, took it directly off their system.

I`m not quite sure what my basic consumer rights are about once a contract is offered agreed and paid for but my interpretation of Regulation 11 of the Travel Regs, is that they can only increase the original price if there is a prior agreement stating how a revised price is to be calculated.

They have given me till lunchtime to cough up or loose the holiday!:mad:

any advice gratefully accepted

A quick read through there terms and conditions might assit you in making the choices that are available to you...i have highlighted the age terms on there website...

Reduced prices for 1st and 2nd children only apply to children sharing a hotel room or apartment with 2 full-fare-paying adults.

• 4 adults sharing an apartment with 2 or more bedrooms can bring 2 children at the 1st child price (one of which may be a free child, if available).

• If one child qualifies for a free child place, a 2nd child sharing the same hotel room or apartment will pay the full 1st child price plus an amount per week as shown in the price panel.

• Children not sharing with at least 2 adults (except for single parent offers where applicable), third and subsequent children pay the adult price and count as adults when the occupancy level is calculated.

• Deposits, flight, room, extra facility and board supplements and insurance premium (if taken) must be paid in full for all children travelling at a reduced child price.

Age ranges are as follows: 2-12 years inclusive in hotels unless otherwise stated on the hotel description (please see the note above on bed sharing); 2-16 years inclusive in apartments.

• Children under 2 years of age on the date of the return flight count as infants. See flight information.

• No person under 18 years of age will be allowed to travel independently with Thomson. If you are 17 years of age or under, at least one accompanying member of your party must be 18 years of age or over, and this person must be the lead name on the booking.

• Owing to the nature of tours we regret we are unable to accept bookings for children under 12 years on the date of return travel.

• Thomson Gold: We do not accept bookings for children under 16 years of age.

• Cots: We do recommend that you bring your own travel cot as some hoteliers cannot guarantee that there will be a cot available on the date you arrive. Please bear in mind that no extra baggage allowance is given for travel cots, so you will have to pay an extra charge if your total luggage weight exceeds the airline’s own limit (which may be less than 20kg. See 'Baggage Allowance' under ‘Flight information’). Hoteliers may charge for infant cots and food.

Thomson.co.uk - Great offers on Holidays, Flights and Hotels

I would think that since you declared your child as over the age limit and deemed a adult, when booking the holiday, also that thomson has indeed taken full payment for the holiday, you could thrash out some sort of deal between urself and them, but do remember that should you opt to cancel the holiday and go with another travel you would need to tell them ur child is classed a adult which would bump the price up, so i'd opt to haggle with thomson to get a discount, rather than go somewhere else and pay full price....If you booked in shop go chat to the person you booked with, and see what there can do, failing that, ask to speak to the shop manager, she/he should have the means to alter prices or offer any discounts that might be offered/considered...

Should you still disagree, don't cancel the holiday urself, otherwise you will be charged a cancelation fee, let thomson cancel it, that way you get the full refund....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

thanks for your reply shywazz.

i don`t dispute their terms and conditions but THEY made a mistake, AFTER, taking my money . I had given them a brief, gave all my info and they made me an offer of a holiday based upon that which i agreed and paid for!

If the boot had been on the other foot and i realised i had overspent and thus went back to ask for the equivalant off or to cancel if not, what do you think they would say. i can1t believe they can get away with it!

incidently, i was passed on to their customer services in coventry where some , " customer services rep", told me that she had decided that they would refund my money if i was`nt prepared to pay them more and she would neither discuss it or agree to pass me on to her supervisor, to say she was arrogant and abrupt would be putting it mildly!:mad:

Why not demand your money back and tell them to shove it?

did`nt have to, they did it almost immediately when i said i was not prepered to be penalised to the tune of an extra £250 - on top of the £1500 i`d already paid- because of their mistake!

like i said, i thought once a deal is made, ie money changes hands then unless their is a prior agreement, then the holiday provider can`t ask for more.

have you ever tried and suceeded to cancel a holiday for whatever reason and not lost some money to the company in the process?:roll: