new bank charges have cost me over 1500 in the last 5 months pls help

babygirl10873
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

firstly thank you for having a site like this. my first problem relates to banks overcharges. in the past three months the bank (lloyds tsb) has charged me over 1000 in charges in november they changed the way they charge and instead of charging only 3 returned DD and 3 referal fees in one month they now charge upto 3 DD a day at 35.00 each time. this is bad enough but when looking through statements they charged 5 Returned Direct Debits in one day 9 in the month and took 395.00 in charges in nov dec around the same. this month they want 145.00. i went to the bank and saw the manager he said his hand were tied and did not know if i could do anything because of the court case. i was going to ask for my last five years back but then found out everything was on hold. when asked for 5 years statements at the charge of 10.00 i noticed only recently they charged me twice. I have always had charges but it seems the banks are raking money in case they loose the court case. i dont know what to do. they have also charged me over 900 on another account. To be honest every month they take money then charge me again for the money they have took. i could not understand what was going on. I was out of work in sept because of the death of a close relitive and this has just had a knock on effect each month. do i have to wait for the court case to be heard or can i try and claim the recent charges and then later the other charges. pls help my only hope

Hiya Babygirl,

Welcome to CAG. :)

I will get your thread moved to the right place, (Lloyds forum).

You need to send for your statements asap.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

You need to include a £10 cheque, but this covers ALL your information, and you do claim it back.

You should also do plenty of reading while you wait for the statements to arrive. They have 40 days to send them.

Have a look at the F&Qs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

And the step by step guide

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

And there is a dummies guide to cag link in my signature, which is a brilliant help.

Any worries you might have, just post on here and some one will be around to help you. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi babygirl,

There are a lot of battles going on on CAG with Lloyds, for all sorts of reasons. I have one with Lloyds Credit Card.

What I did was open another Account with a different Bank, and have my wages and Direct Debits run from that account. That doesn`t stop Lloyds adding charges and interest on to your Lloyds account but at least it will stop them taking your money.

Once the account is in dispute, they are supposed to hold all action (including charges and interest) anyway. It seems Lloyds though, think they are that big and have that much money that can do whatever they want.

I know exactly how you feel. I`ve won charges back from Lloyds in the past and also the Halifax for my girlfriend.

I know this isn`t much help at the moment, but it is an option for you and it would give you some control over your money.

Please feel free to click my scales. ;)

Regards

N.P

I

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

i found out the hard way this is not good guys the month they changed the fees they charged me 400 in charges instead of a max 3 returned direct debit in a month they charged 9. spoke to bank manager about this and he told me if you go 1p over by the end of the week you will owe 70 pound. i was ill and could not get out im still paying because they take money every month and charge you if its not there. please have another look at this. the bank manager could not do anything not allowed to even he said they are getting to greedy think their making the money in case they have to pay anyone. i have two children and realry suffering by what they have done pls guys keep a good eye on your accounts and check statements that was my error thought must be right there a bank right/wrong....

i found out the hard way this is not good guys the month they changed the fees they charged me 400 in charges instead of a max 3 returned direct debit in a month they charged 9. spoke to bank manager about this and he told me if you go 1p over by the end of the week you will owe 70 pound. i was ill and could not get out im still paying because they take money every month and charge you if its not there. please have another look at this. the bank manager could not do anything not allowed to even he said they are getting to greedy think their making the money in case they have to pay anyone. i have two children and realry suffering by what they have done pls guys keep a good eye on your accounts and check statements that was my error thought must be right there a bank right/wrong....

Hi again,

You need to set up a new account with a new Bank as soon as possible!

You need to take control of your money first then fight about the charges otherwise they will just keep taking YOUR money, beleive me, me have ALL been there.

Open a new Bank account today, it must be with a different Bank though!

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Here is a list and details of other accounts that might be useful to you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi sea-sidelady,

Thanks for helping out with this one, babygirl seem`s to be in some trouble here and doesn`t know which way to turn.

That`s a good list of Banks your put together there. I beleive the Halifax Easy Cash Account comes with a Visa Electron Debit Card, my girlfriend and I both have this account. I set up mine after going to war with Lloyds, sound familiar?

Anyway, babygirl, how you doing today?

you have to realise one thing. Banks are out to make money, and the biggest earner for them is to charge people. Ordinary people like you and I who just try to get along in life.

You MUST setup a new account with ANOTHER Bank as soon as you can. The longer you think about, the more they will take from you.

These charges are unlawfull, and they know it, yet they are still taking money from us. I beleive they are not allowed to take charges from people who are on benefits. Do you receive any sort of benefit?

If you have Direct Debits and payments going in and out of the account you need to sort these out with a new Bank account ASAP! It might be a good idea asking if you can wait a couple of weeks before they start taking Direct Debits from your new account, otherwise you may not have enough money gathered to pay them and start the whole process all over again.

I can`t stress enought that you must setup a new Bank account immediately, it looks to be your only hope at the moment. Once you`ve done that you can then start the reclaiming process with Lloyds, but be warned they are the most stubborn Bank on Earth and you`ll have along fight.

So, chin up, get that Bank account up and running and let us know how you get on, we are all watching with interest.

The fact that you`ve joined CAG means Lloyds has already lost.

We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Regards

N.P

Must admit this one really worries me. I never had any charges (or none worth mentioning) until the middle of last year. My concern is that Lloyds have changed their terms and conditions presumably in order to fall into line with whatever the OFT decides. Problem is that one month they bounced all my DD's (my own fault I know) then charged me £700 for the priviledge. Ended up paying over £1500 in three months while I got sorted. So if these are the 'new' rules that one would assume they deem to be fairer then I'm jiggered and to be honest if they can get away with these sort of charges many more people will be as well. To me it looks like they've said we can't get away with what we were doing before so we'll come up with something that we can probably get away with and claw even more money back.

hi there - llyods are also charging me silly amounts now for a £10 overdrawn - so far they claim last month it was £59 and this month it is £65 in charges!

how do i dispute this as its totally unfair - i asked them to close the account so i could pay it previously in december but they just ignored me.

i have not acknowledged any charges or det to them.

Hi chipbeck and harlequin uk,

Two very interesting posts there, and yes, both are very worrying. It basically sounds like these stunts are to TRAP people in debt, and I quote TRAP, in order to make a profit.

I always thought Banks are there to serve the people not to rip us off. How so wrong I was.

I beleive their defence is now that they charging us for a service. Well, surely there must be some lasw against this, maybe under the Sale Of Goods and Services ACT, IE value for money, that type of thing. I would say that charging people what they do for bouncing your cheque or whatever is SERIOUSLY not value for money and this should also be investigated.

Also, I joined TSB over 22 years ago, when a chrage was only £5. Even though they merged with Lloyds I have never signed anything from Lloyds TSB to say they can rip me off with whatever fee they decide make them more money.

The CAG will not doubt fight back over this.

Regards

N.P

P.S. How`s things going babygirl?

• Haha 1

hi NP I have never signed anything either and have been with them for 26 years first savings and at and 17 years a current so havnt signed anything since then. when going over these statements i found loads of false charges surly i can claimed them back before this case has been heard. these were things like unpaid standing orders which were paid fine out of 9 unpaid direct debt only 6 exisited they double charged for me for asking for copies of statements these charges total to over 700 in the past few months. its getting crazy now there blatenly robbing you think you cant do anything until the court case i think. I check over the five years and they have taken almost 9 thousand in charges. And thats only including the ones over 12 pound. To those who said change my account I am aiming to do that but have an overdraft and need to sort that out first have cancelled as many DD as possible and checking daily what there taking. But it shouldnt be like this starting to thing my gran was right by putting her savings under the floor boards she said if she was robbed at least it went to some who needed it. ah ah

Babygirl - open a basic account first and just focus on keeping that one in order and organising what you can so you can live - i have just had to so that and leave guess who :rolleyes: with an overdraft that is entirely made up of charges and is currently growing at over £200 per month for just sitting there doing nothing. Using the other account has sort of helped get things in perspective as at least one account is usable without stress

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

hi babygirl and redvixen,

Yes, you MUST setup a new Account with ANOTHER Bank as soon as you can, the sooner the better.

Don`t worry about the Lloyds TSB account overdraft, it looks like they owe you more in charges than your overdraft is anyway.

Lots of people on CAG have been and some still are in the same position as you. Once you open a new account you can start taking control of your life.

You say you have 5 years statements? How did you actually get hold of them? Did you send a full SAR for 6 years worth of statements? That will cost you only £10. Then, from the date of the last statement you could log onto Internet Banking to keep tracks of anymore charges being applide.

But, first you MUST setup a new account. The claim process takes months and months, so you don`t have time to wait for that to go through. You must protect yourself and open a new account NOW.

These morons are making your life HELL and you can stop them by opening another account! Taking over £9,000 off people in charges is disusting! How can they call themselves responsible lenders? They`re a bunch of parassites living off the weak and vulnerable in society. In fact, I`m insulting parassites there, they are worse. Pasassites feed on other to live and survice. Banks live off people to make a profit, so the fat guy at the top can by buy even more burgers and get fatter.

You MUST start fighting back NOW! Don`t be scared of these idiots, just act. And I wouldn`t even bother speaking to them anymore, they are just a bunch of morons reading from a script. I had a 45 min rant on the phone with Lloyds once, I called them lairs, thieves and a bunch of morons who are simply stealing from people to make a profit they don`t even need. Of course I just got the usual script and laughed at and was told I was being charged that amount because that is what they charge, and that I wouldn`t get anything back. In the end I DID! So they were lieing there.

Anyway, as you`ve been told, setup a new account with ANOTHER bank NOW!

By the way, thanks for the click of scales and the private message. If you need any advice then please post your message on your thread so other members can add their input, otherwise if you want to chat about anything privately then by all means send me a private message.

Best of luck with the jock straps, and get that account opened now. Remember, it must be with another Bank otherwise they will just take money from the new account.

Regards

N.P ;)