• Tweets

• As one of you mentioned above I've been in a mess for nearly 20 years now and I'm ready to sort my credit report out now - the main reason I got into second round of debt is my kids being unwell and the state considering them not unwell enough for extra help so despite my son being in hospital for 3 months in one year we got extra zero help and I eventually lost my job and got into debt to just so I can be تا my sons hospital bed at his time of need - my life basically fell apart and all these debts got me again 
    • Gosh mate I've woke up this morning with half the worry I had last night when going to sleep!.  I can't believe how much this forum has helped me over the years and I don't  have the words to explain the gratitude I feel towards you guys -  Now that I've slept on it I feel ready to reject this company and my plan is to make them an offer to accept payments to date as full and final settlement - I will I think write them a letter once my review is completed or maybe just send it now whilst they are reviewing explaining my kids are unwell for which reason I'm struggling to survive and if I can politely request for them to accept payment to date as a full and final - I'll mention I don't have any cash or anyone to borrow from to offer a full or even part amount of the remaining balance of the iva and therfore am unable to make a offer of payment.   If they agree to at least even put my offer to the creditors then I feel it's better I hang in there and that way I won't have to deal with any possibilities of more defaults and ccjs    Right now the only adverse effects on my credit report are the iva that is now 3 years old and 2 Ccj one coming of this July and one thus October.    But I am worried new action will begin and new defaults and Ccj may start to appear because I've paying into an agreement im under the impression the 6 year rules starts again so yes I have lost of mixed feelings about this but I'm not going to lie you guys have put some life back into my breath this week as for the last 3 years I've felt caged like an animal and this morning I feel freer I can't explain how much but certainly my soul feel lighter today thanks to yin because I'm now viewing this review totally different to I do yesterday thanks to you guys 
    • Court name UNKNOWN Case number ********** Amount N/A Confirmed by Insolvency Service Date issued May 2021 Type Voluntary Arrangement Notes If you have questions about voluntary arrangements you should speak to the Insolvency Service.     I started this in 2021. So it's been about 3 years I've been paying. 
    • Thanks @lookinforinfo@Nicky Boyi sent across the agreement earlier in this thread. No mention of financial reward to the MA. But, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done on the sly. As I said earlier, the owner of OPS is a convicted criminal, with a very shady reputation around these parts.
    • The average high street easy-access account pays 1.7% interest - but savers could earn 5% if they moved their money elsewhere. We look at which banks have the top rates.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bright house of horrors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks for everyone,s help i will go court and see what happens as i feel that this as gone to far now shoutin on my door step in front of nieghbours is against law i would have paid them if they gave me time, now i want his sorted in court i want to get my view across, like i been informed they will try bully me, call me and call round, but now i no they have to get a court order then i wil get date and time so i can go give my side also just been informed that if they want to take me to court i will prove that i been with them over 2yrs, and on benefits the they will have to take what i offer, and they may only take ppl to court if i had loads of stuff like (3) 52 inch tv,s lol as it will cost them to much so lets see what happens. i feel like if most of us stood togeter they would be thrown out of uk like france did, i know it is our faults for takin the goods out but come on what person does not take when offerd on a plate lol and we did not expect to get bullied they way they try to bully ppl on benefits cause they came out of work due to breakin back thats how i got in this mess, my husband broke is back and left us in debt now i feel like not given stuff back as so far for a range cooker and 37inc tv cost me over £3000, and if they take stuff without permission they have to pay me back all that i have paid for goods so yes i have done resurge on this thank god as i was worried, so thanks to everyone who as advised me.;)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don`t forget to report the caller to your local Trading Standards and also report your local Brighthouse for employing this idiot.

Even if you do owe money, they must treat you with respect and not embarrass, bully and intimidate you in front of the whole street!

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

(d) ACCESS - You must allow our Technicians and authorised employees and agents access to the Goods at all reasonable times for the purpose of repair, adjustment, inspection or removal.

Eagle Eyed

Nope.

If BrightHouse need to reposses (or inspect/repair/adjust) their goods against your will (and by "against your will" I mean refusing access) they must apply to a court for a "return order" forcing YOU to return the goods to BrightHouse. It still does NOT give any agent or employee of BrightHouse the right to enter your home.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Lefty

PS - I fully agree with Eagle Eyed most recent post. The Law is there to protect both the consumer AND the supplier. It is not a way to avoid paying your debts.

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

I am current;y in the same situation. I have a couch that ive had for 15 months but just been informed that I have only paid 114 of it, the rest has gone to insurance I also have a table that should finish in April. I have missed payments for around 6 weeks now as I missed a week and couldnt afford to pay the amount they wanted the week after, so I am now 'hiding' from them. I am on benefits with 2 young children and just dont know what to do. What is the best option, last year I also had an x box and ds with them and I have been on benefits since being with them due to my children being young.

Hello all,

I have not been on here since last year coz my computers been playing up!

I'd just like to say here that I have not paid BrightHouse (or Perfect Homes) since the 16th October 2009 and I still have all my goods in my

house.

A man from brighthouse did come round several weeks ago. I had a conversation with him through my kitchen window. He was demanding I open my front door to him. I told him I was'nt legally obliged to open the front door to him. After a 10 minute argument with him he said to me "im not getting anywhere am I?"

I told him 'nope' - and off he went.

He was trying to intimidate me but he got completley told! - thanks to the help of everyone on this site!

Apparently the only people who can force their way into YOUR home are - the police, the fire brigade, the gasboard and bailiffs collecting for taxes!

Thanks all :)

Hi all i am very new to this site & over the wknd i have had to do some research on my rights as a customer with two items on hp with perfect homes

Been a customer 4 over two years and never ever missed a payment and its so upsetting to knw how this company can come dwn on you without trying to reason or hear your reasons as to why.

im a day late and on the same day of the missed payment i did appologise as i am going through money problems & tried to come to an agreement, but i was told at 1st to borrow the money off some one bcoz somebody was on their way to my house i could not belive what i was hearing

then i was put through to the manager who just did not want to listen to me & then she told me if i dont pay by monday AND a payment in advance somebody will be at my door to collect the goods

i WILL NOT let this happen but at the same time this is worrying for me as ive never been through this situation before and after my calculations ive paid perfect homes more then 1/2 for these two items each.

also in the past infact a few times perfect homes have sneakily took two payments when it should have just been just the one payment that wk its only when i checked my pending transactions ive had to print this out & gone to the shop and get my refund.....i was always understanding as they would appologise and say sorry.

Welcome to CAG, when you read through the Brighthouse thread you will see exactly what type of company you are dealing with.

Sorry i cant help with Brighthouse issues but trawling through the threads should give you some insight into what to expect and do.

Hopefully somebody will come along shortly and give you some advice.

If I have been helpful please tickle my scales or better still contribute to CAG.

• 3 months later...

I havent had any probs with brighthouse. the staff r friendly in my shop. my tv broke down on sunday. i reported it on monday morning and they came out today and fixed it (friday) they bought a replacement tv with them incase they couldnt fix it. all it was was the power pack and they had a spare on the van so it was fixed in a few mins. Ive only been with them since nov 2009 and have always paid in advance. I get paid every 2 weeks so i pay 2 weeks every other monday. they put the money in yellow money and take it out to pay on saturdays. so im always at least a week in front. all the staff in my store r female. Ive never seen anyone in the shop complaining. everyone seems happy with the service they get. Yes they r expensive and they dont know much obout the products they sell. But so far i havent got any complaints about them. The only thing was i didnt want OSC on the pc i got in december but was told i had to have it but could cancel it after a month if i wanted too. They never contacted any of the refernces i gave when i 1st went with them in november. they delivered the pc without charge. i was supposed to pick it up from the shop but as they were passing my house they dropped it off on the way to the shop. they wont let me get anything else at the mo cause they can see i cant afford anything else at the mo. they gave me a diff pc from what i ordered but it was a better pc and didnt charge me more for it. both the tv and pc r brand new not refurb. so im happy with them at the mo. if things change ill post it on here.

I havent had any probs with brighthouse. the staff r friendly in my shop. my tv broke down on sunday. i reported it on monday morning and they came out today and fixed it (friday) they bought a replacement tv with them incase they couldnt fix it. all it was was the power pack and they had a spare on the van so it was fixed in a few mins. Ive only been with them since nov 2009 and have always paid in advance. I get paid every 2 weeks so i pay 2 weeks every other monday. they put the money in yellow money and take it out to pay on saturdays. so im always at least a week in front. all the staff in my store r female. Ive never seen anyone in the shop complaining. everyone seems happy with the service they get. Yes they r expensive and they dont know much obout the products they sell. But so far i havent got any complaints about them. The only thing was i didnt want OSC on the pc i got in december but was told i had to have it but could cancel it after a month if i wanted too. They never contacted any of the refernces i gave when i 1st went with them in november. they delivered the pc without charge. i was supposed to pick it up from the shop but as they were passing my house they dropped it off on the way to the shop. they wont let me get anything else at the mo cause they can see i cant afford anything else at the mo. they gave me a diff pc from what i ordered but it was a better pc and didnt charge me more for it. both the tv and pc r brand new not refurb. so im happy with them at the mo. if things change ill post it on here.

You do NOT have to have the OSC period, of course they are nice... they are ripping your for your money !!!

you do not see anyone in the shop complaining as they just ban you from the shop when you have a complaint, they dont listen.

Try paying a week late one week, I bet your view changes big time. We didnt have any problems until I nearly died from severed phnumonia and spent over a week in hospital on oxygen... they demanded payment, even though I was hooked up to oxygen constantly.... even said "fine we will come to the ward to get it" which the staff outright refused at the hospital.

• 3 weeks later...

i have been with brighthouse for over 2 years and never once had a problem, i pay the osc and liability insurance due to liking the option of suspending the goods for upto a year or cancelling the agreements if urgently needed, then you can just class the goods as rentals, i have missed a few payments in the past and can say i never have a problem, i ring them to say i will pay double the following week and there perfectly happy with that.

i have had a faulty laptop from them before where the bluetooth button did not work, they told me to pop into the shop and bring it in and they swapped it there and then with another sealed new one.

so far very happy with them, and the interest is not that much but the service cover is slightly high, but it would cost them to break the hp contract so that is what i am paying for.

i have been with brighthouse for over 2 years and never once had a problem, i pay the osc and liability insurance due to liking the option of suspending the goods for upto a year or cancelling the agreements if urgently needed, then you can just class the goods as rentals, i have missed a few payments in the past and can say i never have a problem, i ring them to say i will pay double the following week and there perfectly happy with that.

i have had a faulty laptop from them before where the bluetooth button did not work, they told me to pop into the shop and bring it in and they swapped it there and then with another sealed new one.

so far very happy with them, and the interest is not that much but the service cover is slightly high, but it would cost them to break the hp contract so that is what i am paying for.

All is well and rosey then! ;)

Thank you for sharing this - of course, if you are happy shelling out well over £2,000 for a laptop you could probably buy for around £500, then who am I to argue!

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

;)

yes but on checking the laptop i got is £1299 in the shops and at the time brighthouse was charging £1300 + interest which aint to bad as i am spreading the payment which is better for me in the long run as i could not afford it in bulk. if i got credit with any other shop then there rate of interest can be the same if not more than brighthouse, so like i say i am happy

yes but on checking the laptop i got is £1299 in the shops and at the time brighthouse was charging £1300 + interest which aint to bad as i am spreading the payment which is better for me in the long run as i could not afford it in bulk. if i got credit with any other shop then there rate of interest can be the same if not more than brighthouse, so like i say i am happy

I'm really pleased you're happy. I have often said that, sometimes, BrightHouse do go the extra mile and provide some excellent examples of customer care...

However, the highest spec (and most expensive) laptop currently available on the BrightHouse website is this one:

Acer Titanium 18.4" Laptop

The advertised "cash" price is: £1,054.55

When taking their credit deal over 104 weeks (and including Optional Service Cover AND Damage Liability Cover) you will pay a grand total of:

£2,548.50

Incidentally - the average high street cash price for this particular laptop is between £704.00 - £756.00...

But, if YOU'RE happy, then WE'RE happy! :)

Cheers

Lefty

;)

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post on here so please bare with me.

I had 10 weeks left to pay on my laptop when it suddenly stopped working. It refused to read or even register that the hard drive was there.

I notified my local store and was told to take it down to them, I did so and showed them the problem and was told that it was a simple thing to fix and would take around 2 weeks.

5 weeks later (today) i finally got it back but it seems to have come back with more wrong with it. The wireless card is suddenly knackered and one of the usb ports suddenly is acting up.

BUT the worst thing was when I found out later tonight that the hard drive they have replaced the knackered one with hasn't even got half of the capacity of the other one. My laptop was bought with a 160gb hard disk drive and it now has 60gb. Can they legally replace it with something far smaller or do I have the right to complain and not be laughed at?

Notify there head office of what has happened, give them 2 days max to fix the problem, if they dont, go to trading standards and let them deal with the BH. so close to the end of the contract, dont delay, once its paid for they wont do anything.

BUT the worst thing was when I found out later tonight that the hard drive they have replaced the knackered one with hasn't even got half of the capacity of the other one. My laptop was bought with a 160gb hard disk drive and it now has 60gb. Can they legally replace it with something far smaller or do I have the right to complain and not be laughed at?

Does your agreement state the laptops spec or model number? Does it show the hd capacity on your agreement?

What EXACTLY does the repair/replace warranty state?

Are you outside of the original 12 months guarantee?

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi i recently had a re-furbished tv from brighthouse and also a ps3. My payment day has always been a saturday but i have always paid on a friday just to keep up with payments. A few weeks ago i was unable to get to the store on the friday so was going to pay on the saturday, my due day. When i got home the friday night i had 3 arsy voice messages to say that my account was no in arrears and that i would incur a late payment fee...even though my payment wasn't due til the saturday. Anyway I have only made 8 weekly payments since receiving my items, and am refusing to pay anymore. If anyone knocks my door, i will refuse to answer, can anyone let me know of the rights they have...and if they have the rights to kick my door off, or get a locksmith to enter my home to collect the goods? Thanks. =)

the staff are targeted to make sure that paymens are received on time, even if you had paid on the saturday you wouldnt have got stuck with a late fee. If you refuse to pay anything more, which you have no good reason not to do, then BH do have the right to contact you about your unpaid acount and can repo the telly and PS3 without your say so, you have not paid a third and so have no protected goods rights, and you are in breach of your agreement, they will if they have to, take you to court for the return of the items or what you owe, the store staff were probably a little eager to chase you and shouldnt have left 'arsy' messages if that is truthfully the case here, and you are in the wrong refusing to make any more payments, now be a good girl, stop being so silly and pay your account.

Dizzy duck I am a bit confused. If your payment day was a Saturday & you paid Friday you either paid a week in advance or towards the end of the payment week which means that paying on the Saturday would in affect put you a week behind incurring the last payment fee.

From what I remember with BH the new week started on a Saturday so if you were paying the Friday before the next payment date then they are in the right by charging you a late fee.

If you do pay Friday in advance it should say on your receipt that you have yellow money & BH would automatically take that if you miss a payment or its late.

BH are in there rights to demand payment or the goods back, as you haven't paid & refuse to pay all it is doing is incurring you more late fees.

In all honesty I would either pay what they are demanding or return the goods unless like I say you were paying in advance then you need to ask them why they are asking for late payment fees when your account is in credit.

Both fair comments but i am not prepared to make any more payments to them and just wondered whether they have the rights to take my door off. If not, the phonecalls and house visits i can deal with by not answering the door and phone. What if i declare myself bankrupt? I am also in the same situation with buy as you view. Is there anything more they can do?

If you have only had the goods 8 weeks then you are breaking your terms of contract & they are well within there rights to take the goods back. They can't just enter your property but they can get a court order to allow a bailiff to enter your property to retrieve there goods.

If you have no intentions of paying then you need to return the goods as they don't belong to you.

Ok. i know bailiffs can let themselves in once they have written walk-in possession of the goods...AFTER you have allowed them in the first time and they have marked your belongings down.. Im sure if you dont let them in, in the first place that they cant ever just let themselves in??

Thankyou. Thats great. As i thought, if you do not let the bailifs in, they cannot force entry into your home. If you let them in once and they mark down your goods, then them goods become theirs until you pay off the agreement, and if you fail to do so they can gain entry however neccessary. Thanks. =)

Pay your weekly payments as usual, but inform them your not paying their charges. If they have any problems with that. argue it over in court.

Also, tell them to remove the OSC and DLC immediately. These are nothing more than a con to trap you into debt while making them a profit. That`s why your paying 27 times as much for your goods, which are probably used and returned anyway.

Also, if anyone keeps calling your number, then tell them EXACTLY where to go. Your number is for your personal use only, and not their business calls.

If anyone calls around to your house, tell them to remove themselves from your property immediately, and deal with these parrassites in writing.

Harrassment is an act of war!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks