• Tweets

• Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their help in this matter. Since my last post I have received a reply from Plymouth Council Insurance Team concerning my wife’s accident (please see enclosed letter and photo of the offending Badminton post) which they deny any responsibility for the said accident. I feel that the Council is in breach of their statutory duties under the following acts: The Leisure Centre was negligent in its duty of care and therefore, in breach of the statutory duty owed under section 2 of the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (the Act) to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all their employees, and others who might be affected by its undertaking, e.g. members of the public visiting the Leisure Centre to use the facilities. The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 that requires employers to assess risks (including slip and trip risks) and, where necessary, take action to address them. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) require the risk to people’s health and safety from equipment that is used at a Leisure Centre be prevented or controlled. I would like some advice to see if my assumptions are correct and my approach to obtaining satisfactory outcome to this matter are accurate. Many thanks   PLM23000150 - Copy Correspondence.pdf post docx.docx
    • Talking to them does not reset the time limit, although they will probably tell you it does, they'd be lying. Dumbdales are the in-house sols for Lowlife, just the next desk along. If Lowlifes were corresponding with you at your current address then Dumbdales know your address. However, knowing that they are lower than a snake's belly, you would be well advised to send them a letter, informing them of your current address and nothing else. Get 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter, don't sign it, simply type your name. That way then they have absolutely no excuse for attempting a back door CCJ.   P.S. Best course of action, IGNORE them, until or unless you get a claim form......you won't.
    • A 'signed for' Letter of Claim has been sent today so they have 14 days from tomorrow... Lets wait and see what happens but i suspect judging by their attitude they wont reply 
    • I am extremely apprehensive about burning our files.... I do not know why, so it is becoming an endless feedback loop. Scared to pull the trigger to speak in the desire not to mess up my file. 
    • Hi All, So brief outline. I have Natwest CC debt £8k last payment i made was 7th November 2018 Not a penny since. So coming up to the 6 year mark. Can't remember when i took out the  credit card would be a few years before everythign hit the fan. Moved house 2020 - updated NatWest as I still have a current account with them. Then Lowells took over from Moorcroft and were writing to me at my current address. I did get a family member to speak to them 3 years ago regarding the debt explained although it may be in my name I didn't rack it up then went contact again. 29th may received an email from overdales saying they were now managing the debt. I have not had any letter yet which i thought is odd?  Couple of questions 1. Does my family member speaking to lowell restart statute barred clock? 2. Do you think overdales aren't writing to me because they will back door CCJ to old address even though Lowells have contacted me at current address never at previous? ( have no proof though stupidly binned all letters  ) Should I write to them and confirm my address just incase? Does this restart statute barred clock? 3. what do you think best course of action is?   Any help/advice is appreciated I am aware they may ramp up the process now due to 7th December being the 6 year mark.   Many Thanks in advance! The threads on here have been super helpful to read.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

My partner is divorced - but still named on ex wifes mortgage - now repossession!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help please

My partner and I have been together for two years - he was divorced from his ex wiife - 2 years ago. As part of the divorce settlement she got the entire house amongst other things - they also have two teenage children together. However, becasue she has already defaulted on the mortgage before, the mortgage company would not release my partner. (He left the matrimonial house 2 yers before the divorce was finalised - hence 4 years ago). It was simply stated in court that she should 'use her best endeavours' to release him - this hasnt happened. Now the lenders have set a court date for a repossession order as she has been defaulting for nearly four years. Is there anything we can do to help salvage my parteners credit scoring - ie. the repossession against his name is going to affect us hugely - and get him off her mortgage. Please please help someone !!!!!

The only thing I can think of is sending a Notice of Disassociation to the CRA's. Then at least he shouldn't be linked to her. He also needs to get hold of his credit report to check that her defaults have not been recorded on his file. If they are he should ask the mortgage company to remove them.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks - we've already requested his credit record - and the financial disassociation to her was completed in Aug 07. But the messed up mortgage remains on his file as his name is still on the mortgage. It just seems ridiculous that C and G wont allow his name to be removed from her mortgage despite the fact he has lived elsewhere for 4 years. The courts even stipulated in the divorce he has no finacial links to the property. C and G said if we pay ff her 7500 arrears and then have 6 full onthly payments they would remove his name - obvously we cant guarantee she will pay for the six months - andshe simply cant afford it. We are now supporting the repssession order - but the only thing is it means my partner will have that repossession against his credit record - through no fault of his own. Is supporting the repossession really the only way to go??? P.S She will defo not sell of her own accord - i had a conversation with her and she said she'd prefer it repossessed that sell so that her ex sufferes financially. OH A BIG OLD MESS - ANY OTHER ADVICE WOULD BE HUGELY APPRECIATED BEFORE MY HAIR FALLS OUT!

I think it is worth calling the national debt line... and / or seeking advice from a soliciter.

Can you copy the relevant sections of the divorce order out? (not the rest of the order;) )

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Tomterm8 - thank you for any help you can offer. Here is a copy of the consent order - or some of it anyway

CONSENT ORDER

UPON the Applicant undertaking to the Court to use her best endeavours to procure the release of the Respondant from any liability under the mortgage referred to hereafter including any existing or future arreas there under and in default to indemnify the Respondant in relation thereto.

BY CONSENT

It is ordered

within 28 days from the date of this order, or from the date of the Decree Absolute, which ever shall be the l;ater, the Respondant do transfer to the Applicant all his legal and beneficial interest in the property situate at known as (the address) subject to the mortgage secrured thereon in favour of lloyds tsb account number xxxxxxxx

Does this help you to help us? We do have a solicitor but she said the only thing we can do is support the repossossion - I wonder whether she gave him good advice initially during the divorce? Please help!!!!! Thank you

Erm, so are you applicant or respondant? I am assuming respondant. The clear point is that any damage done to your reputation appears to be indeminfied under the court order.

therefore, any consequent costs of reposession should cause a right of action, allowing you to recover from the ex partner.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

We are the respondant - so the main damage we're concerned about is the credit scoring - but experian have already said they can not remove anything as it's in join names. It's not the cost of the repossession we are worried about - it's my partner's credit scoring. Can I insist that the credit scoring companies delete this mortgage record from his name? Despite the fact she went into arrears before the divorce was settled and finalised?

Sorry I said it was a toughy. I have a solicitor but she simply said repossession is the best and only way forward to get his name off mortgage. HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN IN THIS POSITION? SURELY SO - OR DID MY PARTNER JUST GET 'TAKEN FOR EVERTHING' IN THE DIVORCE AND THERE REALLY IS NO WAY FORWARD???? arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh

The only suggestion I can come up with is that if it all happens as you say then you can add a note to the CRA's records explaining the circumstances as briefly as you can, which will at least show future lenders that he was not responsible for this happening.

She must be very silly if she thinks losing her home is getting back at him:confused:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Is he going to the repossession hearing?

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

No as he's in active service in middle east but I have power of attorney so I may go. Weve also drafted a letter to the court stating our support of the repossession becasue of the situation - our solicitor is amending it and emailing it back to me tomorrow.

I don't honestly know anything that can be done, it's almost certain the reposession will show up. i would recommend contacting the national debt line or shelter for impartial advice.

The only other advice I could give would be to discover if he can get an order to sell the house on his own.

A similar thing happened to me when I broke up with my ex. I moved out and left the house with him on the grounds he pays the mortgage (he agreed) - BIG MISTAKE. The stupid fool deliberatly let the mortgage run in to arrears, I had no idea until the court summons! I asked him what was going on and he said, he would rather it get repossessed so I can never get another house than sell it.

I didnt have a clue what to do at the time - so I seeked legal advice, luckily I got legal aid at the time. Firstly we had to get a court ordering the sale of the property - secondly, I had to find a cash buyer. The house was in a dreadful state so no body was interested really. I was furious, I could not believe someone could be so spiteful.

One thing I would say, there are ways to stop a repo and I would strongly advise you look in to getting a quick cash sale instead of a voluntary repo because I know it might seem like less hassle just to have it over and done with but are you certain you wont have any mortgage shortfall (take in to account repo fees, legal fees, selling fees etc) I hate to plug my own website but look in my sig at the repo link.

I know how annoyed you must be, but you do have rights to force a sale if the alternative is a repo a judge will help you if you explain this and give you time to get a quick cash sale.

• 3 months later...

I have one major query, What do you have in way of a financial dis-association, If you have it in writting/email that your husband is not financialy associated to his ex then the reposesion will not show on his credit report and anything in joint names would have had to be cancelled/his liability removed before you can create a dis-association.

The account should show as settled/satisfactory on his records. If you do not have anything in writting about the dis-association then the repossession could damage his credit.

If you do not have this then your husband can put the house up for sale as and persue a court order forcing the sale of the house. Who name is the title deeds in as unless he signed them over to her the house is still half his.

She has not stuck the the courts request of doing all she can to remove his name etc so i would personally persue a court order forcing her to sell and also write to the original lender inform them and ask for time, also keep them informed/up to date of situations.

Or offer them 50% of arrears to remove his name from deeds etc although this will probably not be accepted due to the amount of arrears.

My partner has just gone through a similliar thing and had to pay 50% of a shortfall to remove her liability and stop court action dispite having signed agreements that her ex was soley liable for any shortfall???

She is currently taking her ex through the small courts to reclaim this for breach of contract.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal Experiences/Mistakes lol...