providing evidence of financial hardship

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've heard that the courts will still hear cases requesting repayment of bank charges if the person claiming is going through a time of financial hardship.

I definitely fit this criteria and wondered how to go about reclaiming the charges using this as a reason for the courts to hear my case.

I have already successfully reclaimed unfair charges on one account a few weeks before the OFT took the banks to the high court, and so already have all the information I need regarding the charges etc.

what I need to know is

a) is it still the case that I can still reclaim these unfair bank charges if I am going through a time of financial hardship?

and if so,

b) how and at what point do I mention the financial hardship I am going through?

i.e. do I mention it on my first or second letter to the bank? how should I word it? and at what point in the letter do I put it in.

c) what type of evidence of financial hardship should I gather to support my claim? and at what point ahould I present it?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.....

IMHO it would be virtually impossible for a Judge to risk hearing a case at the moment with the OFT case being half way through ... even the cases to have a stay lifted on the grounds of hardship have not been successful :( As i first stated this is just my opinion others might think differently.

saint

• 3 weeks later...

My court ordered judgment on my claim, to which the bank successfully applied for judgment to be set aside. :( I had previously written to the court about my financial hardship. So it seems the courts aren't necessarily considering financial hardship. Although i may keep trying!!

Banofi :|

Lloyds *WON* £1469.82 :-D

NatWest *WON* £1177.00. :-D

Morgan Stanley *WON* £112 :)

Barclaycard *WON* £144 :)

Nationwide LBA 22nd Sept 2006. Court claim filed for £5792.29 31st July 2007.

Lloyds Credit Card flatly refused to pay me on 11/12/2006.

Egg Credit Card. Small offer made (£24.00). 17/2/2007, refusal letter sent 18/2/2007.

Useful links:

www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23608