style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't feel bad about it,

TTTTTTTTTTTTT

it's probably an evolution thing, you need the big

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

gob to process at the same speed as your lightning fast brain... :-D:razz::-D

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't feel bad about it, it's probably an evolution thing, you need the big gob to process at the same speed as your lightning fast brain... :-D:razz::-D

So I read Bookworm's Dummies Guide and I still can't multiquote the same post. Does that make me a Dummie's Dummy?

I just cut and pasted everything i'd multiquoted from one post again and again. I then deleted the bits I didn't want from each block separately and added my comments in between the chunks. Maybe that was the dumb way of doing it, but it worked.

YAY :D You did it :D

Please teach me, go on, pwetty pwease :p

I just cut and pasted everything i'd multiquoted from one post again and again. I then deleted the bits I didn't want from each block separately and added my comments in between the chunks. Maybe that was the dumb way of doing it, but it worked.

Thanks :) I shall try and remember that, but no doubt, being the dumb blonde I am, will forget it in less than 5 minutes lol...

Feel free to practise in my playground. There are no pesky monitors in here. I am the Baron of this castle. Mu ha ha ha ha.

Multi quoting is easy. Even a DCA employee could do it

YAY :D You did it :D

Please teach me, go on, pwetty pwease :p

Feel free to practise in my playground. There are no pesky monitors in here. I am the Baron of this castle. Mu ha ha ha ha.

Okay just testing:D

I don't actually think the system is designed with multiquoting the same post in mind. I noticed Rory32 did it to make his answers to queries as clear as possible. You don't even need the multiquote button I don't think.

1. Just hit 'Quote' on the post you want to quote. You now have your reply box open with the quote at the top.

2. Decide how many bits of the post you want to quote separately. If it is

3 bits then copy and paste the whole quote underneath the original quote twice so you have 3 quotes. Leave spaces in between.

3. Delete the text in each of the quotes that you don't want and enter your replies in the spaces between each quote which will be directly relevant to each snippet of the quote that remains.

I think it definitely gives better effect if you are answering many queries in a long post, as each snippet appears in a separate quote box. I find it harder to follow (***i'm not making a big deal out of this***) if replies are mixed in with the original quote. So a little bit fiddly, but worthwhile in some instances IMHO. Also, it gives me something to do if my seesaw isn't working.

Oh bum...

*BB tears up application for 1st credit*

Nah, don't tell me you were going to apply BB :eek: ?

Oh even I can multiquote from the same post, it's more than one post I have problems with...

Er, not me Baby, (excuse me Bookie, I'm going to talk Lancastrian here!!), but, have you not read the Dummies Guide BB? :eek:

We are all uniquely stooopid then... :D Using my method or do you have an easier way?

Er Bo *coughs* :-D BOOKIE'S DUMMIES GUIDE TO THE FORUMS :lol: Sheessshhh, I give up!!

The Bible

POST #6 :rolleyes:

...(excuse me Bookie, I'm going to talk Lancastrian here!!), but, have you not read the Dummies Guide BB? :eek:

Eee bar gum bo!

I always thought that BW had named the 'Guide' after herself??...:eek:

Must be 'Mad fur it' eh?!...:p

The Bible

POST #6 :rolleyes:

The abridged version according to King Ralph...

ENGLISH Bible

...lol...:grin:

Points 6 is only about multiquoting multiposts though and not about multiquoting single posts. I think that this omission could seriously invalidate the whole Dummies Guide. Also, I think that I may to write a big speech about it. Humph.