Question - Early settlement

Catlover64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon - just a quickie which I hope someone can help me out with....

I've got a loan with Welcome which I'm now in a position to settle in full. So I wrote to them asking for early settlement figures which I've now received.

Called them this morning asking how I can settle as I have no chequebook on my account, and was told I could settle with a debit card. Gave them the number and was then asked how was I able to settle the loan.:o WTF I thought - I've had loans with you before, always settled in full and I've never been asked that. So I asked them why did you want to know when the money's coming from my personal bank account. It's for money laundering reasons was the reply. So I terminated the call, and thought I'd ask the question:

The money was obtained by legal means. My bank know where it came from. Is there a legal responsibility for me to tell Welcome the same info? Personally, I think this is intrusive, and only my bank, govt bodies who need to know or the police can ask for this info.

Can someone tell me?

TIA:)

Well, perhaps if you can, go and get a counter cheque and pay with that, as for how the money got into your account, begger all to do with them IMHO

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed