please help!

ibizablonde
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there.im new to this. with the help of the forums i have started a claim of £809 to natwest for unfair charges for goin overdrawn etc. i sent the pre lim letter to which stuart higley replied (& it was'nt even his signature!) and he refused to give me a refund saying he believed the charges were fair and properly due on my account as its my own fault for going over drawn and those were the terms i agreed to when i opened my account. So i sent another letter telling him i was going to take legal action if i didnt get my money back and i thought it was unlawful cos he couldnt prove that the charges were'nt making a profit. Anyway he replied within 2 days saying "i regret that there is little that i can add constructively to my last letter and note your proposed course of action. i have alerted our lawyers & litigation department accordingly."

what i want to know is do you think i will get my money back? im a little scared now. i dont want to end up going to court and spending money and come away with nothing. please give me some hope people! i want my money back!

let me know what you think.

thanks

kerry.

Yes they love to try the scare tactics. I guess for them the few people that they manage to scare out of even trying saves them losing any money and spending time!

I also think you will get your money back if you stick to your guns, don't let them intimidate you at any stage (cause they will try all the way) and use the knowledge, support and info base on this site. Believe me i was scared to and after i sent my initial letter and my LBA they basically told me don't bother cause i wont get anywhere. Then after they filed their defence they sent me another letter saying that they beleive that my case wont stand up in court and they're going to ask the judge to throw it out, so again i shouldn't bother. Then they offered me £600 (they owed me £1136) and said that i should take it cause i was lucky to even be offered it and if i didn't accept it they were going to tell the judge that i failed to accept a reasonable offer. Then finally after we had both completed our court allocation questionnaires and i was waiting to receive my court date, i received a cheque in the post for the full amount. Reason being that they said it would be more cost effective to pay me than to spend the money on legal fees!! Honestly i was pooing my pants about the thought of going to court, but it's just a matter of calling their bluff and dealing with them in the same way that they deal with you. Just make sure that when you communicate with them you are always to the point and that you always carry out the next action that you have told them you will and stick to your scheduled course of action, otherwise they will think that they can manipulate you and of course Natwest love stalling for time.

Good luck and keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...

hi there everyone. im now ready to make my claim after being refused a refund by stuart higley twice, but since i wrote my letters i have since been charged a further £100 or so on my account. am i allowed to add these charges onto the £809 i mentioned id be claiming for in my letter or will i have to write to the bank again with a separate claim for these?

im really getting fed up with being charged now. should i just close my account to stop the charges? i already have another account so i dont really need to use this one anymore anyway. let me know your thoughts. i really want my money back. im so fed up.:confused:

thanks for reading

kerry.

Moderated: Threads merged .Please keep to your original thread , thanks

Hi I would claim the charges right up to date, then quote the dates from & to the last one on the claim form. Nat west never seem to give the solicitors the spreadsheet anyway!

Only my advice though, I am sure one of the really experience members will advise you x

7th June mcol £30 + 276.00 + int17.37=£323.37 Abbey

Accepted £291 chq cleared 28th July

7th June mcol £120 + 1135.02 charges + 83.42 chq for £1438.44 paid to bank 2nd Aug