Letters from Lowell`s and Red sent to me at Work ?

Armsoft
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Briefley - Both Lowell`s and Red have sent me a total of 4 Letters to me at work.

Apart from the fact that they could have been opened by anyone:o (Imagine the shame in the office)

Surely they are not allowed to persue me at my work address?

It would not be so bad, but one letter from each is about a Barclycard account from 1995 - so beyond the statute 6 years

The other letter is also for a Barclaycard account (with a Mastercard number?) that is nothing to do with me, so they have written to me about someone else`s details.

Any Advice?

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this sort of treatment form Lowells and Red. The Office of Fair Trading have guidelines for debt collectors which can be found here: http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/credit_licences/oft611.pdf

Another helpful link is at the Citizen's Advice Bureau website here: Debt Collection guidance for consumer credit licence holders and applicants

Incidently - do you know if you actually do owe money to any of these DCA's. If you haven't done so already - you should send them a letter requesting a copy of your CCA (credit agreement), in order to prove they have a right to collect the debt before you offer any payment. They have a time limit to respond to this. You can find out more about CCA requests on this site and a sample letter in the templates library.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this sort of treatment form Lowells and Red. The Office of Fair Trading have guidelines for debt collectors which can be found here: http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/credit_licences/oft611.pdf

Another helpful link is at the Citizen's Advice Bureau website here: Debt Collection guidance for consumer credit licence holders and applicants

Incidently - do you know if you actually do owe money to any of these DCA's. If you haven't done so already - you should send them a letter requesting a copy of your CCA (credit agreement), in order to prove they have a right to collect the debt before you offer any payment. They have a time limit to respond to this. You can find out more about CCA requests on this site and a sample letter in the templates library.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Ell-enn

Thanks for responding.

One of the two accounts was a Company BC which was left with my former employers when they Unfairly Dismissed me on 10th Jan 2002.

The other one, Lovells say is a BC in my name from 1995, which firstly I have only ever had one BC and that was the company one, and secondly the account number relates to a Mastercard (BC are Visa), so this one is someone else`s who I assume has the same surname as me.

As both these are beyond the statute 6 years, and the fact that the only one that is mine was the Company Card, I`m not too bothered about the debt aspect, but am really keen to `Turn the Tables` on them if they have broken the law (more than happy to take them to court).

Any advice appreciate

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

Hi there

pretty standard stuff, these DCAs seem to like purchasing statute barred debts

now then, providing you havent written to them acknowledging the debt in the past 6 years or paid any monies towards the debt, it is well and truly statute barred

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

you need to use letter M and send it recorded delivery

can i ask one question, over the past 6 years, have you moved address much?

its just that they have an arguement against the limitation act if they can show that you have moved around in an attempt to avoid being found

regards

paul

Hi there

pretty standard stuff, these DCAs seem to like purchasing statute barred debts

now then, providing you havent written to them acknowledging the debt in the past 6 years or paid any monies towards the debt, it is well and truly statute barred

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

you need to use letter M and send it recorded delivery

can i ask one question, over the past 6 years, have you moved address much?

its just that they have an arguement against the limitation act if they can show that you have moved around in an attempt to avoid being found

regards

paul

Paul,

I`ve lived at the same address for 14 years, not moved at all.

Do I have an avenue to go down regarding writing to me at work? anyone could have opened it.

And based on my previous success with the Shabby, I do like the idea of a legal battle, especially if I can claim some compensation (Ohh I love that word, it brings back so many happy memories:p )

As I said in previous response, not concerned about the debt as it is not mine, it`s my previous employers.

Cheers so far.

Special Thanks to Lula ;) hope your keeping well

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

Paul,

I`ve lived at the same address for 14 years, not moved at all.

Do I have an avenue to go down regarding writing to me at work? anyone could have opened it.

And based on my previous success with the Shabby, I do like the idea of a legal battle, especially if I can claim some compensation (Ohh I love that word, it brings back so many happy memories:p )

As I said in previous response, not concerned about the debt as it is not mine, it`s my previous employers.

Cheers so far.

Special Thanks to Lula ;) hope your keeping well

Hi there

right then, i will have to do some digging, my first thought is that if you tell them not to contact you at work and they continue to do so, they breach the OFT debt collection guidlines

also if its not your debt then they should cease all activities while they investigate it tooo

as i said i will need to do a little digging but i would say you need to (if you havent already done so) write to them and advise them the debt isnt yours

and they should cease contacting you at your works

regards

paul

Hi there

right then, i will have to do some digging, my first thought is that if you tell them not to contact you at work and they continue to do so, they breach the OFT debt collection guidlines

also if its not your debt then they should cease all activities while they investigate it tooo

as i said i will need to do a little digging but i would say you need to (if you havent already done so) write to them and advise them the debt isnt yours

and they should cease contacting you at your works

regards

paul

Thanks Paul,

I`ll get the letter off to them in the morning.

Would it be worth doing a CCA request?

Also, if I sent a SAR then I should be able to find out how/where/who they got my works address from?

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

im not so sure a cca request would be helpful, they wont be able to provide anything if its not your debt anyway and they would be breaching the DPA if they did thats for sure

a SAR would certainly be useful , i would be asking for all notes,emails,copies of telephone transcripts,statements of account etc

i will have a look at the oft debt guidelines as well when i get a mo,

dont forget to head the letter with I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY YOU CLAIM TO REPRESENT

regards

paul