Urgent help needed

jandat44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello fellow strugglers,

Due to my current circumstances, I am unable to pay anything each month to cover the interest on 3 credit cards, and cannot foresee any 'easing' of the situation at all.

Fortunately, I have been able to cash-in a personal pension and receive a cash lump sum. I offered each credit card company a 'share' of the cash, on a pro-rata basis, as full and final settlement - equating to approximately 22% of the total amount outstanding on each account. They have each declined my offer.

What can I do now? I have no other means of settling these debts.

A good way of dealing with credit card companies with a view to arriving at full and final settlement figure would be to ask for a copy of the agreement. Most Credit Card Companies do not hold valid agreements this would then give you a bargaining tool.

To send a CCA request you need to send letter N in the General debt forum letter templates, enclose a £1.00 p/o or cheque, send recorded delivery. Do not sign the letters. They have 12 working days from receipt of letter, if they don't provide you with an agreement with all the prescribe terms and conditions then they are in default and you can stop payments at that stage. A further 30 days it is a criminal offence.

If and when you get copies of agreements you will need to scan them in so that they can be checked.