Help for my grandad??

petethemanc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my grandad has been diagnosed with lung and throat cancer. Really we are trying to find out if my grandad is entitled to any benefits that we don't know about or home help etc? I have been in touch with the British legion and ssaffa (as he served in the RAF during the war and after) but really all the information we can find out what if anything he would be entitled to. Also there are some buildings at the end of my street for elderly people, i would like to get him in there as we are there if he needs anything and he would still have his independence (stubborn sod) is he entitled to any of this?

have you tried local Age Concern or CAB Pete, they should be able to give you good advice

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Thats a good link from Micheal Pete. Age Concern will help if you find any benefits that are entitled to, and could help with the accommodation issue, they helped me a lot when I had prob. with benefit entitlement. Good luck Stone

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

in terms of 'home help' a Social Services assessment will determine care needs, which will be graded as critical/substantial/moderate/low. Different authorities will meet needs at different levels, for example some will meet only 'critical' needs, others may meet 'critical', 'substantial' and 'moderate'. They will then assess how much needs to be paid towards the care plan. No straight answer really, but is definitely worth contacting CAB and/or Social Services to see what might be possible.

The RAF benevolent fund may also be able to help

RAFBF | Applying for Help | How to Apply for Assistance

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.