• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Too Many Posts Going Unanswered: Your Help Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm doing my bit to answer as many new posts as possible (thanks for the tip MB).

However, when i use the search again the same day they are still showing as being unanswered which takes a lot of time going back through to try to remember which one's I've looked at.

Am i doing something wrong?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However, when i use the search again the same day they are still showing as being unanswered which takes a lot of time going back through to try to remember which one's I've looked at.

Those that you've looked at previously should be in 'light' type, while those you haven't should still be in 'bold' type.

I knew I'd seen this thread somewhere some time ago and I've just spotted the link in Freaky's sig.

I've just done a search on the DCA forum and answered an unanswered post. I did notice though that some threads had probably gone unanswered due to the OP duplicating the thread and receiving answers on the new thread.

However, I will try and answer threads which haven't had replies. The only problem I have is that I have subbed to too many threads and by the time I've got through them all, I don't have much time to post on the rest.

I usually get through everything by the weekend though, so can always do a search then. Thanks for this Michael :)

• Haha 1

I did notice though that some threads had probably gone unanswered due to the OP duplicating the thread and receiving answers on the new thread.

If you report them they will be removed (if unanswered). Duplicate threads unfortunately often happen.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi All,

Just a quick 'n, this thread really seems to have had a positive impact, excellent result MB.

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

• 2 weeks later...

All you need to do is click on Search and then Advanced Search:

In the Search Options box:

Change 'At Least' to 'At Most' and select either 'Your Last Visit', 'Yesterday' or 'Last Week' and click on the Search Now button.

Or you can just click here. ;-)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest louis wu

just thought it was worth bumping the this thread back to the top.

The unanswered posts topped 100 yesterday, obviously it is halfterm and some people have less times on their hands, but if a few more people got involved it would be easier to keep on top of it.

louis

further to the above, we seem to be doing rather well in terms of unanswered posts, the last couple of days have been fairly low.

I have overcome my fear of being wrong, and now either answer confidently, or answer and say- i'm sure someone knowledgable in this are will be along shortly!

this seems to work! (I hope!)

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

I will be the first to admit that my knowledge and therefore confidence in answering posts is limited :confused::)

I have, however, just answered a couple of threads using the 0 search. I wasn't sure of the answers but i have asked questions for additional info or posted a related topic link.

As previously posted it's just nice to know someone's out there. It's also essential to read around, so i think posting links encourages this.

Thanks for this thread :)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Just to add - i only came across this thread because Freak Leaky had it in her signature - i think Bo said the same.

I've now added the thread link to mine as i do tend to waffle so will frequently meet the 100 word quota!!

Hey, if it gets the word around :p

Guest The Grinch

If 20 or 30 people answered just 2 threads a day, the number of posts going unanswered would be virtually zero.

So If all the Site Helpers and Moderators answered a couple more threads each day then you would have solved your problem.

I know they have a lot to do behind the scenes, but an extra 5 mins on a couple of posts??

Lead by example, in my opinion...

Are you saying that the advice from people like MichaelBrowne or Louis Wu is less valuable or accurate than a SH's or mod's? :shock: That's a terrible thing to say.

I may be wrong, but my impression of this thread was that it was a perfect example of what CAG is about: average people helping other average people on a daily basis to no gain to themselves. Instead of seeing a "problem", I am seeing yet again the power that people are gaining by helping one another and it makes me very happy to be part of it. :-)

PS: "led", not "lead", I don't think CAG is into mining ore. ;-)

Guest The Grinch

Lead by example, in my opinion...

PS: "led", not "lead", I don't think CAG is into mining ore. ;-)

I am not talking in the past tense 'led' but in the current tense to 'lead' :p

Guest louis wu

At this point, I would like to thank the Grinch for his/her contribution, as it has reminded me of some of the things we take for granted.

So, THANK YOU to all the MODERATORS and SITE HELPERS, who give their time so readily to help others. Most of us are guilty of not saying this publically, and this has given me the opportunity to say something I should have said a long time ago. I appreciate all the time and effort you put into CAG, I appreciate your dedication, and I appreciate that without you the site would simply fail to exist.

louis

PS, Bookie, you are my favourite MOD by the way, I don't say that often enough either:)

Thanks, that's all it takes.

If 20 or 30 people answered just 2 threads a day, the number of posts going unanswered would be virtually zero.

So If all the Site Helpers and Moderators answered a couple more threads each day then you would have solved your problem.

The post you quoted was in reply to a relatively new user who had done just that.

Where exactly did I mention SH and Mods? The thread was aimed at all users.

As for leading by example, not one of your nine posts seems to have be the least bit helpful or constructive (including the 2 in this thread)

Community spirit is what this site is all about. You would need an army of site helpers and mods to manage the ever increasing numbers of members.

However, as an example of the much valued and appreciated help that is given by site helpers and mods, i have added a link to post put on 1 of my threads.

The site helper in question spends a huge amount of time helping people (including me) work their way through an intimidating legal system with fantastic support. He has also found the time to give me some moral support which i would not expect with the amount he has to deal with. I also know that he can advise on a whole heap of other issues too.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/131502-weightmans-hfc-county-court-2.html#post1390366

Let's show some appreciation for each other :)

One thing that makes me hesitate about responding to threads with '0' posts if I am just being reassuring rather than offering advice, is that when I look through the new posts and see that there have been one or two replies, I assume that the OP is getting some help and don't rush there unless it is something within my remit. I have always assumed that leaving it as a '0' will make more people look at it.

I know what I am trying to say:p

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I know what you are trying to say too. :razz:

If you are worried that your advice might not be spot on, you could always give your advice and say: "I'll bring your thread to the attention of someone who might be able to add something else" and then hit the report.gif button with a "can you check that my advice is accurate, please?". As you gain confidence and knowledge, you'll find yourself hitting that button less and less. ;-)

I think it is important that people should get an answer, even if it is a just a "hi" so they know they have been seen. ;-)

I have always assumed that leaving it as a '0' will make more people look at it.

Yes, but not always answer it and gradually it sinks out of sight. There are over 1000 unanswered posts since last August,

Any reply bumps it to the top of the forum. The OP (or others) will usually respond, which bumps it again

But would doing that not overburden the already overworked mods and site helpers? I have done that if I think there is an urgent need, but not if it is a fairly simple question that someone other than me could give a much better response to.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON