Rockwell Debt Collection Agency

louise2U
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need some help regarding Rockwell, have been paying them monthly, with no trouble all of a sudden have recieved a letter saying that the payment is no longer acceptable and they want the whole amount, called and spoke to a chap who informs me that I need to find a settlement of 4k by the end of the month otherwise they will go for a charging order on my house for the whole amount which is 7500 - obviously I do not have this amount which I told him but he would not listen, basically the call ended with him saying he will contact me at the end of the month to get this money, what I need to find out is what are the chances of them getting a charging order, ( I managed to get from him that they were working on behalf of the company) and they had not bought the debt - just need some advice please

Hi Sea Gull,

I'm not the best guy to speak to on this matter. I got my advice from CurlyBen on this forum and he IS awesome. He really helped me out to the extent that Rockwell, so far, have left me alone. It does sound fishy however calling in a debt that you can't possibly repay, even though you have been honoring the debt perfectly. As far as I'm aware, it's quite a jump to go to charging order without reasonable reason or warning. Additionally banks, I think, are the only people who can push for a charging order.

Try CurlyBen he knows his apples on this one, all the best mate,

Bighag7

What has happened is a 6 monthly review which has happened before this time they are not happy with the monthly payment, so are looking for more each month, which I do not have.

This hasnt gone to a ccj or anything like and there is no default on my side, by saying they wont accept payment will force this into a forthwith situation and as I do not have 7k it will then give them a chance to go ccj - again I feel its scare tactics and a long way to go just yet before a charging order comes to light.

Just need to make sure that Iam doing all I can to protect me from the hounding, So far so good - but like any human it really gets to you, so rather than react thought its best to check out my options.

Like I said mate, try CurlyBen.

This company is known to be bullyish and a quick letter to the Ombudsman would keep them in check. Don't forget you can transfer your debt to a more agreeable agency if you wish. Try a debt solution agency. As long as they are receiving payment from you, they can't push for CCJ either.

Try CurlyBen and don't worry about things if you can help it. It's bloody stressfull, I know, however there's loads of us in the same boat.

Follow my threads and you'll get to CurlyBen,

All the best Mate

• 1 year later...

Hi I have spoken with Rockwell not knowing my debt had been passed to them having been unemployed for 6 months and in arrears with my mortgage I made a £10 payment and offered them £5 a month until my situation changed. They said they wanted £40 and if i offered to put this on my mortgage they could offer settlement! I have set up a standing order for £5 for good will to pay them but am about to send them a letter asking for their right to the debt under CCA 1974 is this right? If they dont produce this in the next month I will hold future payments - I want to play hardball with these B******s as they were really threatening and pushy.

Any advice on my actions or correspondence would be great - hOpe soone can advise! Many thanks!