Money paid into account after closed??

Level103
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently had my account at Natwest (Student account) closed because of inactive usage for 6 months. They said that I owe them £1000 which is my student overdraft.

I said I agree to pay them £60 a month, and have been doing so for the last 3 months.

HOWEVER...

Today a large sum of my student loan got paid into the account that was closed; £1100 to be precise. I knew this was going to happen because the student loan company wouldn't allow me to change my bank details a week ago as it was too close to the time the transfer was going to be made into my bank.

How do I go about's retrieving the £1100 back? Does this now mean they owe the money?

It simply means the money has gone into the wrong account; and I can continue paying them £60 right?

Looking forward to your responses :)

Hi

Similar thing happened with me and Barclays, ring up Student Loans and tell them that the money has been paid into the wrong account as the account has been closed.

The student loans company will have to re-call the money stating to Natwest that the money transaction was made by error.

You should get your money back.

Good luck.

IM

Thanks for that!

I'll give them a call, however you think I will be able to get the money over the counter at Natwest? By simply ringing them and telling them the payment went into the wrong account?

A

Grrrrrrrrrr

:mad:

Rang Natwest, who said the account wasn't fully closed, so I could make my repayments at £60 per month back.

I was then told the debt had been cleared by my student loan; which leaves me with no student loan.

I then said we had an agreement of £60 per month, not paying the full amount at once; which obviously happened when my loan went in.

They said he didn't know what to do, and that he had gone through.

I said I'll call student loan office and I did...

They then said that they cannot recall the payment unless it was their fault, but it wasn't...

How can I go about getting my student loan bank? Any letters I can send?

Also Natwest, said they will open my account back up in ten days maybe after review...Shall I just reopen my overdraft?

Grrrrrr :mad:

Hi Level103

My advise was to speak with Student Loans only, not Natwest.

Ring Student Loans again and be firm with them explaining that you did contact them originally that the account was closed and you was told that it was too late as the money had already been sent to Natwest. Make it clear to Student Loans that you do not have access to that money and what are they expecting you to live on etc. They need to and should recall that money back. This really isn't a big deal for the student loans to deal with.

As far as Natwest are concerned, they've got their money, and it is highly unlikely that they will give you an overdraft again due to the previous issues.

Try again.

IM

UPDATE:

Student loan company said they won't give the loan a recall, so I'm left with £0 at the moment from my loan. :mad:

I'm going to write a letter to NatWest stating that we had an agreement on £60 per month, and they are going against there agreement by taking funds that are not to do with our agreement.

What do you all think?!