Any news on OFT case/Natwest?

Dayzee1980
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I went through the stages of reclaiming some charges with Natwest last year but action has been stayed by the OFT case.

Natwest simply wrote to say I would be updated of the outcome.

I have not heard back since and was wondering how the land lies with the OFT case right now. Is there a date its expected to finish?

Just trying to get an idea of how long it may take to progress with this, although I appreciate it is going to be a lengthly process and there will probably be no answers just yet.

Thanks

The case doesn't even start for another 2 weeks, I'm afraid. This initial case is not expected to last long.

This case is to decide whether the UTCCR 1999 apply to personal bank accounts. If they decide that they do, then there will be another case to decide whether the charges are fair or not. If they decide that they do not, then it's business as usual for bank claims but with the UTCCR taken out of our claims (as we already do for business accounts)

I wish they'd hurry up. I was just about to start on mcol with them with OFT did this.

I am getting increasingly annoyed with Natwest...I swear their cash machines lie about available funds to get me overdrawn and fined on purpose!

funny you say that we feel the same, we went to one drew out money that it said available then went online and it said it wasnt another £96.00 of charges. hopefully some i will get back.

i know what you mean this seems to have gone on forever and i am sure like us you could really do with the money

• 3 weeks later...

It's still happening. I tested it this month, checked online my balance...knowing I have nothing pending at all.

I have £70 left...the cash machine just half hour later says I can have £140. I complained and they just gave mnethe spiel about pending debits..when I know there aren't any!