Parking charge notice from a private company i need help appealling

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a Parking charge notice (PCN) from Vehicle control services LTD. They say that i owe them £80 and will go up to £120 if i don't pay within 7 days. This is a private car park and has only recently changed to pay and display over night, 70% of the cars had PCN's on them. I received the PCN on 14/12/07 and i have emailed them appealing to do with the recent change, the signs not being clear enough and why it is £80 when the council only charges £60. They have sent an automated email back asking for my adress. Should i give them my adress or not. Please help me as i am a first year student and haven't got much of an idea what to do. If anyone has any other advice please let me know.

Guest interesting

If they have just put up signs overnight and not allowed it time to take effect then why not just say you left your car there overnight and when you got back the following afternoon a ticket was on it !!!!

If you didnt see the signs then you cant be held to it.

Its a little underhanded to start enforcing the day after signs go up and not good business practice.

If they have just put up signs overnight and not allowed it time to take effect then why not just say you left your car there overnight and when you got back the following afternoon a ticket was on it !!!!

If you didnt see the signs then you cant be held to it.

Its a little underhanded to start enforcing the day after signs go up and not good business practice.

Please do not encourage private individuals to offer false statements. Perverting the course of justice is an indictable offence for which the custody threshold is exceeded. Inciting the offence is also a serious offence in and of itself.

Regards,

PJ

Please do not encourage private individuals to offer false statements. Perverting the course of justice is an indictable offence for which the custody threshold is exceeded. Inciting the offence is also a serious offence in and of itself.

Regards,

PJ

I understand why you have posted this, but lying in response to a private invoice cannot be, by any stretch of the imagination, perverting the course of justice.

However interesting, there are enough legal means to not pay a private ticket without a need to lie.

I understand why you have posted this, but lying in response to a private invoice cannot be, by any stretch of the imagination, perverting the course of justice.

However interesting, there are enough legal means to not pay a private ticket without a need to lie.

If the matter were ever to see the inside of a courtroom, which is where we have to imagine, for the sake of thoroughness, a case will end up, then anyone offering false utterances would find themselves in hot water indeed.

Lying to anyone in respect of a matter which is/could be the subject of litigation risks the commission of an offence.

Lets not defend lying in any form and for any reason or make attempts to rationalise or justify lying. There is no excuse for it, ever.

You are quite right that there are a multitude of better ways to deal with the matter without resorting to the untrue.

PJ

I have received a Parking charge notice (PCN) from Vehicle control services LTD. They say that i owe them £80 and will go up to £120 if i don't pay within 7 days. This is a private car park and has only recently changed to pay and display over night, 70% of the cars had PCN's on them. I received the PCN on 14/12/07 and i have emailed them appealing to do with the recent change, the signs not being clear enough and why it is £80 when the council only charges £60. They have sent an automated email back asking for my adress. Should i give them my adress or not. Please help me as i am a first year student and haven't got much of an idea what to do. If anyone has any other advice please let me know.

You have not committed any offence and you’ve been "charged" by a private company whose notices have no status unless a case is brought at the expense of the company in a civil court. I would not recommend getting involved in any so-called "appeals procedure". The PPCs simply view this as an evidence gathering process, it is usually a sham, lacking any semblance of independance or objectivity.

The "charge" is alleged under contract law. Despite what they may call it, what you have is an "invoice" (a decidedly dodgy one at that) from a private parking company who allege you have breached their terms and conditions. The notice is not backed up by statute, unlike those issued by councils and police.

The “notice” is virtually unenforceable and the truth is that the Parking Company will probably not even try to enforce it by legal action. Instead they will use debt collectors who will threaten references to credit agencies, personal visits by bailiffs and removal of property. These threats have no foundation. The reality is they would need to bring civil litigation in the county court against the driver and prove a breach of prominently displayed terms and conditions. They will go to the DVLA to identify the registered keeper of the vehicle but you have no responsibility to tell them who was driving (even if it was you) and enforcement can only take place against the driver. These cases are largely dealt with by threats and bluster rather than any real action on the basis that most people pay up for a quiet life.

I would not recommend giving the PPC your address. It will cost them £2.50 to obtain registered keeper address from the DVLA. Let them incur this cost. As long as you stand firm and ignore the drivel that comes through your letter box there is a very very good chance that the PPC will eventually run out of steam. As recommended by a previous poster, have a look at B the Bs excellent template letters for different stages of the dispute. Any concerns - please feel free to post further.

If the matter were ever to see the inside of a courtroom, which is where we have to imagine, for the sake of thoroughness, a case will end up, then anyone offering false utterances would find themselves in hot water indeed.

Lying to anyone in respect of a matter which is/could be the subject of litigation risks the commission of an offence.

Lets not defend lying in any form and for any reason or make attempts to rationalise or justify lying. There is no excuse for it, ever.

I quite agree. Look at what happen to that git Jeffery Archer when he lied in a civil case. He got sent down. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke. lol:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't email them again, let them get your name and address via the DVLA (they have to pay for this). When you receive postal correspondence from them then IGNORE.

Don't email them again, let them get your name and address via the DVLA (they have to pay for this). When you receive postal correspondence from them then IGNORE.

My view is not to ignore. My reason for this is that it will not assist in the highly unlikely event that it does get to court. In fact it could count against you.

For this reason I suggest following the template letters on the stickys at the top of this forum.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.