Eversheds????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whilst in my IVA 9 out of my 12 debts were given to Eversheds, i dont have the letters, but at sporadic intervals over 3 years or so i got a standard letter saying i dont have to do anything but my account has now been transfered to them.

These accounts were from the likes of Barclaycard, MBNA, TSB ans BOS.

Any one advise if this looks to mean that the debts have been sold and are no longer owned by respective banks, and it will be purely Eversheds persuing me for the balances?

Just trying to get ready for the onslaught.

Rgds

Yep, sounds like the debts have been sold on.

Funnily enough, Evershads bought one of my debts after I was made BR. Probaly the same wording in the letter too.

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

I'm no expert here, but I think you will find that Eversheds are purely solicitors and therefore they will still probably be acting on behalf of the original lenders.

As far as I know they are not the sort of organisation that would acquire debts. They are not DCA's.

I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

I'm no expert here, but I think you will find that Eversheds are purely solicitors and therefore they will still probably be acting on behalf of the original lenders.

As far as I know they are not the sort of organisation that would acquire debts. They are not DCA's.

I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Eversharks are the DCA arm of a respectable firm of solicitors. They tend to operate as DCAs at this point. Don't know if they take court action through their legal arm though.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

If I had to take a guess I would agree with removalman i.e. they are acting for someone. Why not ask them?

I have been in correspondence with them for about a year - they are acting for Arrow Global LLC on 4 counts.

It's worth noting that they completely ignored every letter I sent them until I wrote to the Cheif Exec. David Gray (I don't think it's the same one).

The also seem unable to grasp the finer points of consumer law - which I find weird for a legal firm!