Electronic Entry Gate Information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, wondered if anybody can help.

Is my employer allowed to use information stored on Electronic Entry Gates for disciplinary purposes, ie. used for timekeeping?

I was under the impression this information was protected.

Any help / advice would be apprieciated.

yes i'm affraid they can! this is just a modern day version of clocking in and out.

The info is protected in so far it should not be available to the general public.

Employers also use trackers in vehicles, CCTV and in one extreme case i came across individuals being tagged and all movements monitored!!! yes even in the loo. all in the name of 'security' :(

regards,

Paul.

Electronic Gate entry data is now commonly used instead of clocking in/out systems and gives the employer the information needed for both pay and attendance. The attendance information can certainly be used for disciplinary purposes in relation to absence or poor timekeeping.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Our company have these gates and what a pain there are, its like fort noggs at our place, but guess things are in place to protect us aswell, as having a swipe gate system means only employees are allowed access, hence no strange folk walking in and out, people without a swipe card to operate the gate, must go through the secruity process to get into the building...

The gates also allow the company to check whom has swiped to leave for sneaky ciggies in there cars, or whom might be sneaking goods out if there are seen to leave quite often per shift.... If you have nothing to hide such gates shouldnt be a problem.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.