Breakdown of charges

jazzyb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope someone can help, i can view my statements online going back six years however the charges shown on each months statements are not individual charges, what it shows is "total charges" and the amount and so doesn't tell me what the charges are actually for or when they were incurred as they are all taken out on the same date. When i send my breakdown of charges with the first letter is it ok to just put down the amount of charges incurred for each month without saying what the charge is actually for

Hope someone can help, i can view my statements online going back six years however the charges shown on each months statements are not individual charges, what it shows is "total charges" and the amount and so doesn't tell me what the charges are actually for or when they were incurred as they are all taken out on the same date. When i send my breakdown of charges with the first letter is it ok to just put down the amount of charges incurred for each month without saying what the charge is actually for

you dont need to send a charges breakdown yet, so remove that line from your preliminary,, the wording total charges refers to the cumulation of charges, for instance a one off fee would be charged if you had a cheque bounce, but if you were over your overdraft limit, for say 2 days, then they would have a charge per day for that, hence they add all such charges up, and tag them on at the end of the month as a seperate issue to one off fees

• Confused 1

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

in the light of recent tactics by the bank i will from now on be advising everyone to include a breakdown of charges with their initial request

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 10 months later...

You will need to send them a SAR (unfortunately). That makes it official because you are requesting all the info they hold on the account.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.