Could Have!!

Guest littlesally
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That may be true, however I fail to see why it's the school's responsibility though - surely it's an education facility, not an eatery?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually coming at it from a teacher's point of view. Fill kids with junk and sugar and they are a nighmare to teach - you end up spending all your time on discipline and none on educating.

So it matters for that alone.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

I send my little girl to school the other week with a sandwich, a 'brunch' bar and as she had done very well at her homework and got a 'merit', I gave her a treat, which was a small brown cake.

The cake was confiscated!!!

I mean, come on! How dare someone tell me what I can and can't give to my daughter for lunch?

I pay them to teach her, not to decide for me what she can eat.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Education about food

They should have that as well, Sally.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

I'm actually coming at it from a teacher's point of view. Fill kids with junk and sugar and they are a nighmare to teach - you end up spending all your time on discipline and none on educating.

So it matters for that alone.

That's a fair point, but for some reason at my school (many moons ago) we didn't seem to have this problem.

What's changed?

(no sarcasm in that, it's an honest question mark :-) )

------------

------------

I send my little girl to school the other week with a sandwich, a 'brunch' bar and as she had done very well at her homework and got a 'merit', I gave her a treat, which was a small brown cake.

The cake was confiscated!!!

I mean, come on! How dare someone tell me what I can and can't give to my daughter for lunch?

I pay them to teach her, not to decide for me what she can eat.

I agree - that's a bit much.

Guest littlesally

There was a test done a few years ago to show the effcts of milk.

It was a top security prison, lots of violence happening within the walls.

When all milk products were removed the behaviour of the prisoners quietened down,

Many people are allergic to milk and don't know.

Daren't give my OH's kids smarties etc. Very puzzled about the school selling slushpuppies, might as well give them a line of speed!

Sally x

Guest littlesally

No idea about the cake at your daughters school Dave, but lunch now seems to be a money making/saving scheme within schools

Sally x

That's a fair point, but for some reason at my school (many moons ago) we didn't seem to have this problem.

What's changed?

I don't know Dave. Maybe there's more junk food targeted at kids lunch boxes nowadays and more folk willing to buy it.

I worked as a dinner lady in a secondary school we were trying to promote health eating, most of the kids just went to the shops,baker,or the chipper if they couldn't get what they wanted.

And I felt really sorry for the kids who had free meals,they could hardly get anything for the money,it was ridiculous.

Dave my daughter has had the same done to her with her daughter,I mean what is wrong with a bit of cake?

I don't know Dave. Maybe there's more junk food targeted at kids lunch boxes nowadays and more folk willing to buy it.

Probably have less time to prepare a decent packed lunch - I know if it wasn't for my ex bringing the lunchbox to me the day before I wouldn't have time to do it.

------------

------------

Yes, that could be true as well. My mum made us all have school meals as she didn't have time to sort out packed lunches for all four of us. When we were old enough we were allowed to make our own - but nae chance of any junk - everything was home made in our house as mum was on a tight budget. Nae junk food in my school either - back in the dark ages that was.

What's changed?

I think the content of a lot of sweets and packaged food has changed a lot in the last 20 or so years since you were at school.

My brother Matt had an intolerance to a lot of chemical additives and his behaviour was directly attributable to them. This problem is getting far worse now

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

My nephews too. Luckily they have mothers with time to sort out proper diets for them - not all folk are so lucky.

I does and I goes - Isle of Wight talk.

I hates it, I does.

Guest littlesally
I does and I goes - Isle of Wight talk.

I hates it, I does.

Or even worse 'I do's'

Sally x

:D

Totally, Sally

Same on the Island - or the Oiland, as they calls it.

Seriously though, "loose" for "lose". I know I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but how hard is it to use the correct word.

Read HYS on BBC and you see this all the time - here too.

It duz my nut in, innit?

------------

------------

Guest littlesally

Mmmm I won't mention any names but there is a certain person on this forum who uses 'of' instead of 'have'.

I want to cut and paste and highlight with red! :D

Sally x