• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Credit Card Collection Dept. Problems.

oldrope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I haven't posted on this site for some time and my god how it's grown!!

I too want to reclaim my Bank Charges but I'm biding my time.

My current issue is with the Collections Dept. that deals with repayment

of Credit Card debt. The department based in Bangalore is basically incompetant! I have agreed a repayment plan that has been accepted but

am still waiting for the written confirmation nearly 2 months later!! After a number of phone calls involving the managers and a number of errors

relating to the repayment plan I am left feeling that worse is to come

despite bland assurances to the contrary. Is there someone above the

management in the Collections Dept. I can complain to in order to get the

matter sorted out?At the moment I'm considering writing to the area

manager of the local LLoyds Bank branch but I suspect that may be

ineffective.I do feel that I'm starting to go round in circles! Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Old Rope

Hi oldrope, welcome back. You have been biding your time, haven’t you?;)

I would suggest that any further contact with LTSB should be in writing. Trying to negotiate by telephone is fraught with difficulties, as I’m sure you’ve discovered. Conversations can be conveniently forgotten, you can never speak to the same person twice and arrangements remain unconfirmed.

Theoretically, once an account has been transferred to Collections, all dealings should be with that department. This means that, if you were to write to your area manager, he/she would simply pass the letter to Collections to be dealt with.

It sounds like you are quite willing to repay any net debt owed, provided that you can confirm a sensible, affordable monthly sum.

Are Collections putting any pressure on you to make payments or clear the debt?

Are you making any payments?

Is the amount you wish to reclaim in unlawful charges smaller or greater then the account balance?

Have you been defaulted?

Have you sent a Subject Access Request or a CCA Request to LTSB?

Els:)

• Haha 1

Hi Oldrope,

If memory serves correct Lloyds have two principal collections offices, one in brighton and one in birmingham, you may be getting calls from callcentres overseas but the account would be held and managed by one of the two aformentioned i would of thought.

I would suggest making one final call to lloyds tsb's general number and clarifying who holds and manages your account, when they tell you which collections office it is I would write to them requesting confirmation of the payment arrangement.

kind regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in acknowledging replies there are other matters I'm dealing with.Firstly to clarify the situation somewhat, the arrangement I have with LLoyds was to pay a fixed sum to them with no interest(the credit card accounts were both closed) on a monthly basis.I had been doing this for 2 years. I then received a statement asking for an increased

amount(with interest) one one account without any notification.I then

discovered that I had to renew the arrangement and would need to do this every 6 months! I did get advice about this from Citizens Advice

Bureau which confirmed that LLoyds could ask for a renewal every 6 months.Having filled in the relevant form and sent it(certainly not to Bangalore!!) I then waited while it got sorted out.Then the problems started.

I will certainly take shane5408's advice and call LLoyds TSB's general no.:) and try to find out where my account is held.Problem seems to be that

if I call the brighton no. I get patch straight through to sodding Bangalore.

In reply to you Elsinore, Lloyds Bank haven't as such asked for ALL the

money I owe on these cards although the impression is that the pressure

is more underhand. I'm quite willing to stick to the current/past arrangement and have been maintaining very regular payments.I haven't

attempted to reclaim any unfair charges(they go back 10 years +!) because I'm not sure they would cover the amount I owe LLoyds Tsb.

BTW I'll need you to clarify a CCA, an SAR and the matter of being defaulted. I'm going to look that up on the website.Everything related

to these cards has been quiet for about 2 years now suddenly all this has

happened.It does feel like pressure is being applied but of course it would

be denied.Thankyou for your replies both of you and I do hope what I've

told you clarifies the matter.BTW I'm STILL waitng for the confirmation letter.

Respects and Regards

Old Rope

Hiya,

It sounds like you're on an informal arrangement with Lloyds which they have a right to review every 6 months, some companies even review every 3 months!

With regard to requests, a CCA Request is a legal right that any debtor can express to see a copy of the credit agreement the creditor holds. The Consumer Credit Act is clear that in order for a debt to be enforcable a regulated agreement must be in place which is readily legible, contains all prescribed terms and is signed by the debtor. If there is no agreement the debt is completely unenforcable. Upon receiving a CCA request from a debtor the creditor then has 12 working days to respond, should they fail to do so they enter a default situation and cannot enforce the debt, should a further 1 month pass the creditor then commits a summary criminal offence.

A SAR is a legal request for all info/doc's the creditor holds on you and is mostly usued to ascertain the full extent on penalty charges on a debtors account. If you thnk there may be some charges, regardless of whether they outweight the balance or not it is worth sending the request and claiming them back.

From what you've said I'm sure your account is held with the Collections Centre in Southend-On-Sea (They were Lloyds Credit cards right?) their address is as follows:

Lloyds TSB Card Services

Collections Centre

Essex House

Church Avenue

Southend-On-Sea

Essex

SS1 2LB

I would get a letter of to them about your arrangement and seek clarification it is to be extended for a further 6 months, they might also require a copy of an Income/Expenditure form as well.

kind regards,

shane

• Haha 1

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the reply I've already sent in one income/expenditure form and the repayment proposal that I put to them was accepted once they received the

completed form and the covering letter. As I said I haven't received the written confirmation of their acceptance although my repayment plan has been accepted verbally(I log and record as many calls as possible).I'll definitely write to them as you suggested and see if this 6 months is discretionary.Again,thanks

for your help.

Respects

Old Rope:)