• Tweets

• My understanding is that they won't provide the name to me whether the investigation is Live or Closed, & I have no legal rep as I didn't have P.I. Cover on my policy, & am intending to claim using OIC.org.uk, but remain completely stuck as they 100% cannot open a claim on the portal without both the Reg. No. & Name of the other driver.  
    • thanks again ftmdave, your words are verey encouraging and i do appreciate them. i have taken about 2 hours to think of a letter to write to the ceo...i will paste it below...also how would i address a ceo? do i just put his name? or put dear sir? do you think its ok?  i would appreciate feedback/input from anybody if anything needs to be added/taken away, removed if incorrect etc. i am writing it on behalf of my friend..she is the named driver  - im the one with the blue badge and owner of the car - just for clarification. thanks in adavance to everyone.       My friend and I are both disabled and have been a victim of disability discrimination on the part of your agents.   I have been incorrectly 'charged' by your agent 'excel parking' for overstaying in your car park, but there was no overstay. The letter I recieved said the duration of stay was 15 minutes but there is a 10 minute grace period and also 5 minutes consideration time, hence there was no duration of stay of 15 minutes.   I would like to take this oppertunity to clarify what happend at your Gravesend store. We are struggling finacially due to the 'cost of living crisis' and not being able to work because we are both disabled, we was attracted to your store for the 10 items for £10 offer. I suffer dyslexia and depression and my friend who I take shopping has a mobility disability. We went to buy some shopping at your Gravesend branch of Iceland on 28th of December 2023, we entered your car park, tried to read and understand the parking signs and realised we had to pay for parking. We then realised we didnt have any change for the parking machine so went back to look for coins in the car and when we couldnt find any we left. As my friend has mobility issues it takes some time for me to help him out of the car, as you probably understand this takes more time than it would a normal able bodied person. As I suffer dyslexia I am sure you'll agree that it took me more time than a normal person to read and understand the large amount of information at the pay & display machine. After this, it took more time than an able bodied person to leave the car park especially as I have to help my friend on his crutches etc get back into the car due to his mobility disability. All this took us 15 minutes.   I was the driver of my friends car and he has a blue badge. He then received a 'notice to keeper' for a 'failure to purchase a parking tariff'. On the letter it asked to name the driver if you wasnt the driver at the time, so as he wasnt the driver he named me. I appealed the charge and told them we are disabled and explained the situation as above. The appeal was denied, and even more so was totally ignored regarding our disabilities and that we take longer than an able bodied person to access the car and read the signs and understand them. As our disabilities were ignored and disregarded for the time taken I believe this is discrimination against us. I cannot afford any unfair charges of this kind as I am severely struggling financially. I cannot work and am a carer for my disabled Son who also has a mental and mobility disability. I obviously do not have any disposable income and am in debt with my bills. So its an absolute impossibility for me to pay this incorrect charge.     After being discriminated by your agent my friend decided to contact 'iceland customer care team' on my behalf and again explained the situation and also sent photos of his disabled blue badge and proof of disability. He asked the care team to cancel the charge as ultimately its Iceland's land/property and you have the power over excel parking to cancel it. Again we was met with no mention or consideration for our disability and no direct response regarding the cancellation, all we was told was to contact excel parking. He has replied over 20 times to try to get the 'care team' to understand and cancel this but its pointless as we are just ignored every time. I believe that Ignoring our disability is discrimination which is why I am now contacting you.     I have noticed on your website that you are 'acting' to ease the 'cost of living crisis' : https://about.iceland.co.uk/2022/04/05/iceland-acts-to-ease-the-cost-of-living-crisis/   If you really are commited to helping people in this time of crisis ..and especially two struggling disabled people, can you please cancel this charge as it will only cause more damage to our mental health if you do not.  
    • I've also been in touch via the online portal to the Police's GDPR team, to request the name of the other Driver. Got this response:   Dear Mr. ---------   Our Ref: ----------   Thank you for your request which has been forwarded to the Data Protection Team for consideration.   The data you are requesting is third party, we would not give this information directly to you.   Your solicitor or legal team acting on our behalf would approach us directly with your signed (wet) consent allowing us to consider the request further.   I note the investigation is showing as ‘live’ at this time, we would not considered sharing data for suggested injury until the investigation has been closed.   If you wish to pursue a claim once the investigation has been closed please signpost your legal team to [email protected]   Kind regards   ----------------- Data Protection Assistant    
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Hi everyone, Apologies for bringing up the same topic regarding these individuals. I wish I had found this forum earlier, as I've seen very similar cases. However, I need your help in figuring out what to do next because we've involved our partners/resellers. I work as an IT Manager in a company outside of the UK. We acquired a license from a certified reseller (along with a support agreement) and also obtained training sessions from them. The issue arose when we needed to register two people for the training sessions, so we used an external laptop for the second user to keep up with the sessions for only a month. During this period, the laptop was solely used for the training sessions. After two weeks, my boss forwarded an email to me from Ms Vinces, stating that we are using illicit software from SolidWorks. Since this has never happened to me or anyone we know, I went into panic mode and had a meeting with her. During the meeting, we explained that we were using an external laptop solely for the training sessions and that the laptop had not been used within the company since her email. She informed us that for such cases, there are demos and special licenses (though our reseller did not mention these types of licenses when we made our initial purchase). She then mentioned that we had utilized products worth approximately €25k and presented us with two options: either pay the agreed value or acquire SolidWorks products. We expressed that the cost was too high, and our business couldn't support such expenses. I assured her that we would discuss the matter with the company board and get back to her. After the meeting, we contacted the company reseller from whom we purchased the license, explained the situation, and mentioned the use of an external laptop. They said they would speak to Maria and help mediate the situation. We hoped to significantly reduce the cost, perhaps to that of a 1-year professional license. Unfortunately, we were mistaken. The reseller mediated a value €2k less than what Maria had suggested (essentially, we would need to acquire two professional lifetime licenses and two years of support for a total of €23k). This amount is still beyond our means, but they insisted that the price was non-negotiable and wouldn't be reduced any further. The entire situation feels odd because she never provided us with addresses or other evidence (which I should have requested), and she's pressuring us to resolve the matter by the end of the month, with payment to be made through the reseller. This makes me feel as though the reseller is taking advantage of the situation to profit from it. Currently, we're trying to buy some time. We plan to meet with the reseller next week but are uncertain about how to proceed with them or whether we should respond to the mediator.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Private Parking Tickets - Template Letters - If you wrote before finding this site.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

,i appealed !!! and have just recieved a letter saying it was UNSUCCESSFUL .

No, am I the only one on this forum that finds it hard to believe your appeal failed?

Seriously just ignore these clowns.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi all

I received a parking charge notice today/12/01/2010 issue date 06/01/2010 from excel parking for the sum of £60.00 .They say I parked in a controlled parking zone on the 10/12/2009 for 13 minutes extra, when I was probably stuck in traffic trying to get out. And leave the car park.They sent a photo of car showing my registration number, no other cars in the photo no cars in front or behind. I know when entered and exit that car park it was bumper to bumper. No parking ticket was issued no parking attendant was seen, it was a free parking period of 3 hours

So they want £60.00 for 13 minuets extra

Code 80 for longer than the maximum period permitted

How do I fair with this parking issue

Hi all

I received a parking charge notice today/12/01/2010 issue date 06/01/2010 from excel parking for the sum of £60.00 .They say I parked in a controlled parking zone on the 10/12/2009 for 13 minutes extra,

So they want £60 for 13 extra minutes, Yes they have every chance of getting that if it went to Court:D

when I was probably stuck in traffic trying to get out. And leave the car park.They sent a photo of car showing my registration number,

Evidence of what?

no other cars in the photo no cars in front or behind. I know when entered and exit that car park it was bumper to bumper. No parking ticket was issued no parking attendant was seen, it was a free parking period of 3 hours

So they want £60.00 for 13 minuets extra

:eek:

Code 80 for longer than the maximum period permitted

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How do I fair with this parking issue

Very easy, ignore it.

regards

I get the general idea of IGONORE IGNORE IGNORE! I just want to make sure that this is the best and most up to date advice. Car parked in a EURO Carpark disabled bay, thought it was mother and baby. RK is Mrs but I was driver. They have issued the ticket for £70 or £50 if paid in 14 days. I have read the thread on reasonable charges etc if it was to go to court but this car park was free. no pay and display, no barrier, no attendent. How can they legally charge that fee?

Does Mrs just wait till letter comes through then write back stating i am the RK however I was not driving the vehicle on that date and if you continue I will pursue harassment claim?????

Have any of the threads that suggest IGNORE actually been endorsed by any contract lawyers?

Your advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

Mr Meldrew

RK is Mrs but I was driver.

Great coz then she has no case to answer. :)

They have issued the ticket for £70 or £50 if paid in 14 days. I have read the thread on reasonable charges etc if it was to go to court but this car park was free. no pay and display, no barrier, no attendent. How can they legally charge that fee?

Doesn't really matter what they think is reasonable or not

Does Mrs just wait till letter comes through then write back stating i am the RK however I was not driving the vehicle on that date and if you continue I will pursue harassment claim?????

No, she waits for their letters then does nothing with them except stick them in a drawer with their scamvoice.

Have any of the threads that suggest IGNORE actually been endorsed by any contract lawyers?

Thanks

Mr Meldrew

Do not write to them

Do not telephone them

Do not reply to their letters

Do not pay them

Hi. I received a letter from Trthowans saying they have been instructed by CP Plus Ltd. Quote

"We are advised by our client that their parking attendant observed a vehicle at the above location on the specified date and that this vehicle, which is registered in your name, did not adhere to the Parking Regulations detailed on the Notice Boards. as a result, a charge Notice was issued as detailed above which remains unpaid" The info "above" includes my vehicle reg, Location being GR-STAFFORD.

Grateful for your opinion(s). Thanks

I get the general idea of IGONORE IGNORE IGNORE! I just want to make sure that this is the best and most up to date advice.

It Is.

Car parked in a EURO Carpark disabled bay, thought it was mother and baby.

Disabled bays have no legal meaning on a private car park.

RK is Mrs but I was driver.

Well that would be the end of any case against 'Mrs'.

They have issued the ticket for £70 or £50 if paid in 14 days.

:lol::lol:

I have read the thread on reasonable charges etc if it was to go to court but this car park was free. no pay and display, no barrier, no attendent. How can they legally charge that fee?

They can't

Just ignore them, you will really struggle in a case of harrassment against them.

What lawyer would ever say that. I.E. 'I suggest you ignore them so i get no money from you'. Turkeys and Christmas spring to mind.

Duly given.

Thanks

Mr Meldrew

regards

I am hoping someone can help me.

Today I paid £10.50 for a day's parking at Darlington Station. The tickets was clearly displayed.

When I returned to my car stuck on the windscreen was a plastic bag sayig "Penalty Charge Notice - Warning - It is an offence for any person other than the driver to remove this notice".

Inside is a document headed "Parking Penalty Notice number ECPxxxxxx".

It goes on to say "Notice of breach of terms and conditions. This car park is regulated by the terms and conditons displayed. By entering the car park you have agreed and contracted to be legally bound by those terms and conditions". (I never saw any terms or conditions.)

The vehicle details are then recorded and it goes on to note "in circumstances which gave reasonable cause to believe that the offence indicated below was beng committed.

OFFENCE(S):- Contrary to Railway Byelaw 14 or Terms & Conditions (please tick)..."

There are 8 boxes. The seventh is ticked "Improper use of area marked for (specify)" and then written in "short stay only".

It appears having paid the full daily rate I chose a bay I shouldn't have used, totally unknowingly.

It goes on: "By reason of your breach, you are required to pay the penalty shown below". This shows a standard penalty of £60 and a reduced penalty of £30 for payment within 14 days.

It then states: "If payment is not received within thirty (30) days, East Coast Main Line Company Ltd will commence collection procedures (which may include legal action) for the recovery of the sum claimed in this notice along with all costs associated with its recovery."

"East Coast Main Line Company Ltd reserve the right to seek recovery for any other sums legally recoverable where the company deems appropriate to recover any losses sustained by them."

"Cheques and Postal Orders should be made payable to Revenue Protecton Support Services and must be endorsed on the reverse with your name and address. This notice and payment should be sent to Revenue Protection Support Services, PO Box 89, Portsmouth, PO1 1EG. Alternatively payment can be made using your debit or credit card by calling 02392 778748"

"Registered keeper details may be obtained from DVLA"

And most worrying "Maximum penalty £1,000 (Railway Byelaw 14 - Traffic Signs, causing obstruction and parking)".

It appears I did stupidly park where I shouldn't have. (It was very early morning and I could have chosen an allowed bay. I didn't understand the signs which are new since I last parked at that station.)

Is this a private parking charge which can be ignored?

The notice gives no details of how to appeal.

99% of tickets claiming to be "under railway byelaws 14" are nothing of teh sort and are only normal PPC scamvoices dressed up as such.

However, genuine byelaw 14 PCN cannot be just ignored so it is important to establish which this is. Can you post a scan of it up here, both sides, (with personal details obscured) so that the experts can look it over.

I'll try to get a scan posted here on Friday. (I'm away from scanner at the moment.) But my posting contained almost everything on the document as shown in quotes. The only bits I missed out were the other "offence" boxes (Not displaying valid parking ticket - Exceeding permitted parking time - Causing an obstruction - Failing to park correctly within marked bay - Parking/waiting on pavement, kerb or verge - Parking/waiting where waiting or loading restricitons apply - Expired Business Package parking ticket, please pay top up at the Travel Centre before removing vehicle to avoid penalty shown below).

There are then boxes filled in to show "Issued by" [P Johnson], number [EC9803], date of issue [19/01/10].

The reverse of the small green form is blank.

Near the top there are completed boxes for reg number, make, model and colour of car, name of carpark [Parcate Short Stay, Darlington], date, and at/between [08.00 hrs] and [09.00 hrs].

I will scan and post but the above with my earlier posting comprises the complete notice. My earlier posting also noted contents of plastic bag stuck to window advising it is in an offence for anyone other than driver to remove.

I am very nervous about ignoring. I can pay £30. But I don't want to pay a lot more. (I live in a remote area so it would cost a lot to send debt collectors.) I have read of people being taken to court.

This looks like a REAL ticket RPPS are indeed the enforcement arm of East Coast Main Line.

I would personally telephone them and ask what their appeals process is and take it from there.

More knowledgeable people may give a better response.

regards

Hi guys, newbie here.

So, I return home from work to find my car has been clamped outside my house this evening. :( I recently bought the car and it has been parked on my drive (until it's taxed), but due to the battery packing up, I was forced to put it into one of the spaces outside the house (as my work van isn't allowed to be parked there as it's a commercial vehicle). I displayed my permit, but because my tax disc isn't valid is was clamped.

Now, the question is: is it legal to clamp my car... it's off the road and is displaying a valid permit, as the only reasons related I've found on the citizens advice website is for not displaying a valid permit or permit at all. No mention of tax??

Thanks

Further to my postings on Tuesday and Wednesday here is [redacted] scan of ticket:

Image20.gif

The reverse of the ticket is blank.

I'm not sure this will show but have attached scan too. (I'm not too good with these things.)

Please can I be advised whether this ticket is subject to Railway Bylaw 14 so it has to be paid?

One aspect I notice is the ticket states the car was parked "at/between between 08.00 hrs and 09.00 hrs". Yet the short stay car park, according to station wesbite, allows stays of up to 1 hour on payment of £1. Here £10.50 had been paid for a day's parking.

Another irritation is that it appears from the ticket that the penalty would have been identical if the £10.50 had not been paid.

Parking penalty 1.pdf

One aspect I notice is the ticket states the car was parked "at/between between 08.00 hrs and 09.00 hrs". Yet the short stay car park, according to station wesbite, allows stays of up to 1 hour on payment of £1. Here £10.50 had been paid for a day's parking.

This point may well be worth exploring further.

I'm not an expert on railway PCNs and this one doesn't seem to be obviously a PPC invoice so we need that confirming first. If it is a correct railways byelaw PCN then I would assume it is subject to the "normal" rules of council PCNs; i.e. once it is issued it cannot be amended.

If parking is allowed for 1 hour in that car park then I fail to see how accusing you of parking for 1 hour can be an offence. It is irrelevant if you subsequently left the car there till 4pm, that is not what they are accusing you of doing.

Thank you. When you say my point about the hour may be worth exploring further what do you have in mind?

Also how do I find out if it is a railways bylaw 14 ticket?

I guess I have three options: (1) ignore everything, but I am very nervous of that if I could be liable, (2) just pay the £30, or (3) phone up the payment number and query (or write to the payment address). But I suspect (3) is a waste of time and I don't want the cost to increase from £30 to £60 from any delay.

Help on my approach will be much appreciated.

Thank you. When you say my point about the hour may be worth exploring further what do you have in mind?

The point being if the rules state you may park for an hour, then you cannot be in breech when they record on the PCN that you parked for an hour!

Also how do I find out if it is a railways bylaw 14 ticket?

Wait for a more expert CAGger to have a look at it and confirm if it is a correct byelaw 14 PCN (Expert Caggers can be a bit like busses sometimes; don't see one for ages then 3 will turn up in your thread all at once :lol: :lol: )

I guess I have three options: (1) ignore everything, but I am very nervous of that if I could be liable,

don't if it is a real PCN

(2) just pay the £30,

don't if it's a PPC scamvoice

or (3) phone up the payment number and query (or write to the payment address). But I suspect (3) is a waste of time and I don't want the cost to increase from £30 to £60 from any delay.

Help on my approach will be much appreciated.

Thank you again. I'll wait for a few days to see if anyone can give me a confident answer between (1) and (2).

If the answer is it is a real byelaw 14 then I still don't get how I can challenge the PCN. There is no appeal procedure noted.

If the answer is to just ignore it then presumably there is no stage at which I'll raise the validity point.

With the back of the PCN being blank and there being no clearly displayed method of appeal is very much leaning towards it been a PPC scamvoice.

To only have printing on one side almost sounds like the PPC ran out of "proper" tickets so just photocopied some more but only the one side coz they think that's the important side where they ask for the money. :p

It may well be real. very similar to other real ones I have seen and no real tell-tale marks of a PPC [problem]. That doesn't mean that the railway will take it to magistrate's court as there is no money it for them, if they do that the court gets the money. May be worth a quck request to HMCS to see how many bylaw cases this company has brought - specifically for byelaw 14 but numbers for any byelaw cases may also be informative. The railway company will have its own byelaws. they all look much of a muchness but still worth getting hold of a copy. also see the Transport Act 2000 Schedule 20

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks