need my statments

specialk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,i Just Rung Up Natwest To Get My Statments And The Man Said I Need To Put The Request In Writing And Said They Will Let Me Know The Cost When The Letter Arrives,is That Correct Dont Sound It To Me!!how Can I Get Them And How Much Is The Cost?

Please read the step by step guide on this forum. It tells you the complete process for this, there are also templates that can be used for all the letters that you will need.

The best way of geting your statements is to do a DPA request. This costs a maximum of £10 and the bank must comply within 40 days.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

Hi,

I rang Nat West and asked for statements from account opening 1999, and they sent me lot for £5 in less than a week, they asked why I wanted them and I said I was in the middle of a marital dispute (not untrue, just irrelevant)!

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Yea the guy ask me too and I said it was to do with my taxes...He said I need to write to them requesting this and they will let me knows how much it will cost:mad: obviously trying to fob me off. I have done the dpa letter so so be it. Is it easier to go in a Bank instead or is the dpa letter better

Guest NATTIE

specialk, this seems quite an odd thing to say. Write to the bank, sounds like a load of rubbish. All they need to do is order and then put a note on your account as to what to do with them when they reach the customer service centre. The charge is as stated £5.00 per account. Should be simple. Pop into your local branch and ask them, doesn't have to be the one that opened your account.

Several points to make on this issue:

1) I asked for the £5 statements, they were really nice etc. 4 weeks later...nothing. After a lot of chasing around, they said they didn't know when they would be able to produce them as they were 'changing their computer system'. This sounds like a centrally dictated fob off to me.

I therefore send the DPA letter, and told them to reimburse the charges on my account for the original statements.

2) MAKE SURE YOU SIGN THE DPA LETTER - stupidly, I didn't. They waited a while before sending it back to me. This is another delaying tactic - don't be silly enough to let them sucueed.

Cheers

PL. :roll:

SNATCHWEST and NOBBETS no scare me!

Send your DPA request recorded delivery. Once you know it has been delivered, phone them daily. I waited 50 days for my full set. I'm on first name terms with the Data Protection team in Edinburgh now. Don't let put you off

NatWest-

Data Protection Act Request sent 12/04 (Statements arrived 09/06/06!!!!!!!!!)

Parachute Account Created 25/04

Preliminary Letter Sent 09/06/06 reply received 14/06/06

LBA Sent 14/06/06 reply received 20/06/06

Moneyclaim request issued 27/06/06

Defence arrived 29/07/06

Offer of 50% from Cobbetts 03/08/06

Settled in full 23/08/06

Guest NATTIE

Plutos in answer one of your points.

Statements after Oct 5th 2002(When Natwest did change computer system) are easy to get. If they put the note on your account it arrives propmtly. If not it effectively is kept for one week in a homeless file at the customer service centre before being destroyed. However prior to Oct 5 2002 statements can still be ordered.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all, i'm new to this.

wrote 2 letters to barclaycard and still asking for £3 per copy per acount (2 ac's for 6 yrs) = £360 But barclays done it for me within 7 days for £5 per currebt account. Can anyone pls tell me where a copy of Data Protection act could be found. as mention above threads

Cheers

Guest NATTIE

£5 is copy statements, £10 is SAR which not only includes statements but all notes on your account, telephony,etc,etc,

Guest NATTIE

Standard reply so I believe you are on the LBA route where an offer is usually given which is smaller than the amount that you are requesting.