Link Financial - Northern Rock - CCJ - etc etc... Help!!

Dav3yBoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted this somewhere else but i think it was in the wrong area.

My Sory so far....

A few years ago i took out a loan with northern rock, i think it was 2003 december time. I had no problems paying the payments for a while but at the beginning of 2006 problems arose.

My free spending history caught up with me and i could no longer afford the repayments (on top of a NR loan i had credit cards and car on HP which then turned out to be a unsecured loan, but thats another story)

So i began to struggle and duly contacted NR to explain. They didn't care and didn't want to know, the exact words of the chao i spoke to there were "Well if you don't pay the payment, thats when the calls and letters start" I aked for help and they slammed the door in my face.

So i began to worry and looked to getting an IVA but that didn't work out (something to do with one of my creditors not agreeing and as they made up a third of overall debt it was not possible)

I then went to Bains & Earnst who are a debt management company, or mismanagement company as i found out. They had negotiated with most of my creditors but NR would not agree to the payment offered and began to take court proceedings.

I took myself away from B&E as i felt i was been let down and tried to tackle the problem. I spoke to NR some more to try and reason with them but they said that they would secure this judgement at all costs, it seemed personal to them.

The CCJ was passed in Mold Court but i asked it to be transferred to my local court which it was but eventually the CCJ was upheld and a charging order on my property was granted.

I wasn't asked to make an offer (before going into court i did make an offer to their solicitor who phoned them to find out if it would be suitable but they pressed him to obtain the judgement and the offer was refused)

All i was told by the judge, who seemed sympathetic toward me but said he couldn't not pass the charging order due to the amount i owed my creditors and my income.

I asked the solicitor acting on behalf of NR what happens and he said i would recieve in the mail what is happening.

All i have received is the Land Registry notice which explains the charging order placed on my property and the notice from the court saying the charging order was granted.

Then a few months went by, then i received a letter from Link Financial who tell me to contact them as they are now in control of the debt.

I phoned them to discuss it and they told me they had purchased the debt from NR and are in control of the Debt, the charging order and the CCJ.

Since coming on here i have sent a CCA and will be sending for SAR.

My question is:

Can a charging order and CCJ be purchased by a DCA along with a debt?

I have read the charging order produced by the court and it clearly states the client is Northern Rock.

And as i understand it, when a company sells the debt it becomes more or less satisfied with them.

I just can't get my head round it all and my wife is getting more worried each day that we will lose our house.

Although the judge did stipulate on the order that in no way can the company go for "enforce of sale"

Sorry to bang on but it is quite complicated.

Dave

My friend was in same position with these people over NR loan.

Advisor was very nasty on phone, she offered him £40 a month for a 33k debt he said no we can force sale.

I wrote a letter of complaint for her and she recieved a reply yesterday with an apology and acceptance of the £40!

Dont even speak to them on the phone or if you do tape the call as the advisor who was nasty denied everything and link said there was no way one of there advisors would say they can force sale as that is not there policy

From now on if they ring me i will be saying to them all my correspondence will be done in writing.

Fortunately for me the judge put on the charging order that they cannot enforce a sale so it wouldn't stand up in court.

I think its just scare tactics and from now i will be fighting back.

Letters are sent anyway so the clock is ticking for them