3g Network: I cancelled Contract - Solicitor on my case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just need to know where I stand.

I had a 3 g contract with 3 network, i have so mucht trouble with them that I cancelled the contract just after the cancellation date. They sent me a final bill, which, after a huge battle to lower the amount from £483, to £203 I succeeded.

I am ready to pay the final amount in installments. I had a called from a solicitor acting on behalf of 3 G who informed me that I cannot pay this amount in installments and that they require the full amount by card now.

They said that if I do not pay this amount, they will send it to court and get an attachment of earnings or issue a bailiff warrant for the amount.

I just need to know what to do.

By the way, I have not received any letters from them, only telephone calls, as they have my old address on my system, as they confirmed this over the telephone. :?

You'll find their offer of settlement was just that - an amount calculated to close the issue. They would expect you to pay any amount on demand (they are not allowed to offer 'credit') and it could be argued that they were effectively doing this. As for the solicitor, they're only doing their job - and an attachment can only follow a successful case against you, but then extra expenses kick in and your £203 may well end up back at £483.

Since you got them to effectively half the bill, if there's any way you can clear it and get rid of them, it will be to your advantage.

I just need to know where I stand.

I had a 3 g contract with 3 network, i have so mucht trouble with them that I cancelled the contract just after the cancellation date. They sent me a final bill, which, after a huge battle to lower the amount from £483, to £203 I succeeded.

I am ready to pay the final amount in installments. I had a called from a solicitor acting on behalf of 3 G who informed me that I cannot pay this amount in installments and that they require the full amount by card now.

They said that if I do not pay this amount, they will send it to court and get an attachment of earnings or issue a bailiff warrant for the amount.

I just need to know what to do.

By the way, I have not received any letters from them, only telephone calls, as they have my old address on my system, as they confirmed this over the telephone

Write to them stating everything that has happened so far, state that you cannot pay in full and offer them a repayment plan, DO NOT talk to them over the phone, make them put everything in writing to you, that way, should it ever come to court then you have everything in writing. If anyone comes to your door, do not answer it, deal with any DCA's in writing only and never ever let them into your home.

You didnt say what sort of troubles you had with them,. Let us know on this thread as this may constitute a contract breaker also

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

The solicitor has missed out a couple of stages in the court process. If they take you to court, you can admit the debt but ask to be allowed to pay in instalments. They will get judgment but the court won't order you to pay more than you can afford.

On the other hand, if they go to court, and if you don't do anything, and they get judgment. If you then ignore the court's order to pay, then they can move to enforcement action such as an attachment order or warrant of execution.

It is also worth remembering that if you do pay at once, you can - as part of the deal - insist that any adverse data on your credit file relating to this be removed as part of the settlement. If you enter into a payment arrangement, or wait for the courts to impose this, your credit record will reflect this for 6 years.