Clamped whilst parked in my rented space!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rented a parking space within a private courtyard of a small block of flats for £65/m. Tenancy began 2 weeks ago.

Found it via a letting agent, who introduced me to the landlord direct, who owns the freehold on the space.

Tonight I finished work to find it clamped. Clampers refuse to do anything except payment, landlord says it's not his fault but doesn't know why it was clamped as he owns the freehold, letting agent wasn't contactable tonight.

Had to leave my car there tonight.

What's my next move?

James

Rented a parking space within a private courtyard of a small block of flats for £65/m. Tenancy began 2 weeks ago.

Found it via a letting agent, who introduced me to the landlord direct, who owns the freehold on the space.

Tonight I finished work to find it clamped. Clampers refuse to do anything except payment, landlord says it's not his fault but doesn't know why it was clamped as he owns the freehold, letting agent wasn't contactable tonight.

Had to leave my car there tonight.

What's my next move?

James

If you are legally parked, then I'd cut the damned thing off in your shoes.

They are trespassing on your property (your car) and denying you the rightful use of it.

Are the clampers SIA registered? Were the clearly displaying their SIA registration badges? If not the clamping is illegal anyway.

The disgraceful things one hears of today are unstoppable, unless you use other laws to protect yourself.

I would download a N1 claim form, and make / send a draft claiming the remedy of avoidable time and trouble for an unlawful trespass to your property, AND the inconvenience and associated costs thereof; plus-

Suggest you pitch it at a minimum of £1k.

You will find all these acts together at

http://www.logiclaw.co.uk

link on menu, or go direct to;

http://www.logiclaw.co.uk/Acts/acts.html

Let us all see what their game is?

The breaches are three;

1. Harassment act 1997 ch 40 IF they vex you twice; and the first has occurred. Then the penalty is up to £5k and 6 months.
  2. Attempted Fraud; Act 2006, where they are trying to make a gain for themselves and place you at RISK of a loss, Penalty up to 10 yrs.
  3. Is the offence of trespass, under the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977.

See what their reaction is?

Last time I 'said' this to clampers, last year, they became pals almost immediately.