PCN for parking adjacent to dropped footway

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesteday I received a £100 fine for parking adjacent to a dropped footway. There were no parking restriction signs, yellow or red lines or meters.

Surely this offence is far less serious than say parking on a double yellow line etc and therefore deserves a less serious fine.

The link below is to the PCN they issued. Is this valid? Are they justified in issuing me with the ticket?

PCN

I've just noticed that they haven't put in the act and section they are issuing the ticket under? Is that a requirement?

I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks.

Residential or commercial dropped footway?

If residential, single use or multiple use?

If single use, yours or someone elses?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Although I can't read the detail on the PCN I think the Act is underneath the "Penalty Charge Notice" heading.

Any way you can post a hight res picture?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

That's better. Sounds like you were parked at a dropped kerb for pedestrian crossing.

Can't fault the issuing of the ticket.

Struggling to fault the PCN itself also but will look more closely later. I think you may have to pay.

This issue came up locally up here in Scotland - the dropped kerb was at (or fairly close to) a road junction. The logic went that as the dropped kerb was to facilitate access to/from the pavement, any car parked in such a way as to block free passage would also be causing an obstruction at the junction. The ticket(s) stood.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I hope I'm not gatecrASHING someone elses post- new to this but have to tell someone as so upset. Mine is similar, I was apparently on a dropped kerb, but not over a driveway, so I guess would be for access. I had not noticed as was more worried about being on a corner but it was very wide and as my car is small I perched on the end. I checked all down the road and there was no parking restriction sign. Elsewhere I had noticed disabled bays and had avoided parking there so would not have taken the risk. I had a toddler in that car and was going to the local hospital so had only been parked 10 mins. They towed my car at a cost of several hundred. Still in shock. A few people recommended I appeal, whcih I will considerng the circumstances but wonder ....

There's nothing stopping you appealing, but it may well be rejected. Parking close to or adjacent to a corner, even if there are no 'dropped kerb' considerations usually mean a ticket or a 'lift' for inconsiderate parking - as, there are sightline issues when cars have to crawl out to see if their way is clear.

thanks for your reply. The corner was about 2 cars worth and a very wide bend so not obscuring sightlines. Indeed I had moved it forward to mkae absolutely sure I wasn't inconveniening drivers (unfortunately towards the dropped kerb) having checked the signage which said no lorries/ buses. There were no markings and as I was making a quick visit to the hospital for a delivery and had a buggy and child to carry I thought this would be ok. 10 mins.