markslan v halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've finally got round to reclaiming back my bank charges. I wish I did it a year ago though.

I'll be posting the SAR and £10 later today. I'm guessing by the time I get the statements, do the Prelim letter and then the LBA, the Test Case would have started.

I'll hopefully have a better idea then, whether it's worth going down the Court route as it will be just after Christmas and money will be too tight just to through it away to the Courts.

Do you need to go as far as going to the Court stage before your claim has been logged or do the letters etc to the banks count as a claim.

Many thanks

Welcome aboard Markslan,

Same thoughts here..... Wish I'd known all this a year ago.

Good question...... When the test case is won by OFT, will all charges be paid back regardless of having claimed them or not?

Is claiming charges back from the bank alone enough, or do we need to file to get charges back?

I'm sure someone with more experience will be saying hello to you soon.

Good luck

30/07/2007 Data request sent, including £10 cheque (Special Delivery)

03/08/2007 Receipt confirmed by telephone (spoke with A.G.) and on Royal Mail Track & Trace. Cheque processed (on statement)

28/09/2007 (40 working days) Called branch I was advised that A.G.does not work at branch and letter wasn’t received (So how did they process cheque?!! )

02/10/2007 Sent reminder letter giving them another week (reported them to Information Commissioner too)

13/10/2007 Received letter dated 09/10/2007: statements on their way (09/10 + 14 days = 23/10/2007)

17/10/2007 Received e-mail from The Information Commissioner’s Office (complaint received and written to Halifax)

19/10/2007 Received statements (no copy contract)

22/10/2007 Sent LBA re Data Protection Act (Copy Contract missing) and Prelim (Special Delivery)

Hiya Markslan.

th_Welcome-18-june.gif

Any worries just post on here, and some one will be around to help you. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .