At war with morcroft

Diceboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi good people,

a little bit of a story about my self. my bank NatWest i have already sued successfully for bankcharges.

however my creditcard is still with them and i have not sued them yet. For a good 3 months i was getting letters and phonecalls from the w-----s in morecroft.

I started to pay the debt of however a couple of times when i paid with my switch card over the phone they took the payment but didnt even deduct the payment from the debt and still were harassing me for the debt ( including the couple of times that they didnt register the payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):confused:

Now due to unforseen circumstances i have relocated to another EU country and I will be here for good while, even maybe a few years. The thing is i dont want to leave the debt, morally i think its wrong (i spend the money and in the end i gotta pay for it) however these people are f***ing me off and i REFUSE to deal with them anymore, even it means not paying the debt.

I have contacted Natwest to settle the debt straight with them but they referred me back to the credit agency (morcroft).

Sorry for rambling before I get to the questions;

1. Can I still sue NatWest from abroad?

2. Can morecroft f-up my creditrapport in my new country of residence (if they get hold of my new address which they dont have at the moment)

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

grateful for any advice or info.

oh forgot to tell you another bizarre surreal thing; in one week i got two letters from morecroft, the first stating that they were not dealing with my account any more and another the day after still saying that i owed x amounts of money? what kind of mickey mouse business are they running?

Do they got a bunch of monkeys working 24/7 on this or what?

best wishes to all of you at war

diceboy

diskmandave,

thanks at the moment im looking for any advice i can get, and if old boy has any words of wisdom im prepared to listen. But listening to what someone has to say does not mean that one goes of and acts according to that. Any advice should be checked and double checked and then rechecked.

However for the greater good you are right, since this is a forum any advice that is given can / might help somone else also...

diceboy

1. Can I still sue NatWest from abroad?

Yes.
2. Can morecroft f-up my creditrapport in my new country of residence (if they get hold of my new address which they dont have at the moment)

They can only damage your credit rating in this country. I will reiterate what Dave has stated, advice is best given on the public forum as any mistakes in that advice can be corrected. If you do deal with people by PM it is best to first look at the number of posts they have made where good advice on the subject has been offered and their reputation (the green blobs). Personally, I will not deal with peoples problems exclusively by pm but will answer on their threads.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

You can still sue Natwest from abroad, you will need to issue proceedings from the local EU court via their Foreign Process Section.

As already stated, your credit file is only for UK and has no bearing in the EU.

I tend to find that paying the creditor (who ever the bank is) direct and cutting out the DCA helps, espcially if you are moving to another country, if you intend to only pay a fixed regular amount do that, even if its by direct debit, after all you will not be here to hear all the threats of this and that action, the direct debit machine grind on, whilst they are ranting and raving.

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

if you intend to only pay a fixed regular amount do that, even if its by direct debit,

Standing order is better than DD as both parties can vary the amount of a DD. The amount of a SO can only be altered by you.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

Not sure about Banks and Morcroft.

When it gets to the stage that your bank account is closed and Morcroft are tasked to recover the debt, it could be that Morcroft in essence have "bought" you debt from the Bank. and so it's them that benefit and not the bank?

But I'm no expert.

Beermatman