Currys - Whatever Happens

InLumba
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone, i was a regular on here but forgot my username so had to re-register, i hope i've posted this in the right section as well.

Basically my neighbour purchased a 32" LCD TV back in 2005, he also paid £250 for a 3yr Whatever Happens Gurantee, a few months back he wanted to upgrade to a HD ready LCD so he kindly gave me his old LCD and transferred the Whatever Happens into my name.

Now the TV was working lovely, but over the weekend when i had contact with my boy the tv came of the stand and landed onto one of his toys cracking the screen in the top corner and obviously it is now unwatchable.

I haven't rang Currys as yet, but wanted to know where i stand?

Thanks

I had a similar thing with Dixons, which are part of the same group - but it was 7 years ago & things might have changed.

You need to ring them to advise that you have bought the Television, and to transfer the extended warranty into your name. They will ask for confirmation from the seller, which the seller should give them. You will then get confirmation that the warranty is in your name. THEN advise them of a problem....

This is quite slow, so it might be better, quicker and easier for your friend to take the TV back and advise Currys of the problem.

If you take the 1st option, as I said it was years ago, so it might be best if you rang them with "what if....."

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Hi Craig, thanks for the reply,

The TV Gurantee has already been transferred in my name, i'm just worried they wont do anything (thats why i've put of phoning them) as it fell of the tv stand therefore they may say it was my fault

• 3 weeks later...