Car Insurance Claim Advice Please

Wickerman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

7 weeks ago, my wife (whilst driving my car :() was reversed into by a company (Skanska) van. The driver admitted responsibility, details were swapped and I duly called their insurers (AIG) on the monday to make a claim.

AIG said that they would send forms for Skanska to fill out to admit this liability in writing. Couple of weeks later, I had a call from the driver asking for details of the road name as he was from out of the area. He needed it for the form.

I've spoken since to AIG a couple of times for updates on the claim and they say they haven't received the form back.

So I'm just wondering where I stand legally. Am I in a position to get the small amount of repair work done and claim against Skanska directly by going down the Prelim, LBA and Moneyclaim route, or would you approach this differently?

Thanks in advance

First Direct - Settled in full 01/07

Capital One - Settled in full 06/10/06

MINT - Settled In Full 30/08/06

HSBC - Settled in Full 15/12/06

Barclays - - Settled in Full 29/11/06

Morgan Stanley - Settled In Full 03/10/06

MBNA - Settled In Full 23/09

American Express - Settled in Full 30/11/06 via bailiffs

Not going through my own insurers as the other driver accepted liability.

First Direct - Settled in full 01/07

Capital One - Settled in full 06/10/06

MINT - Settled In Full 30/08/06

HSBC - Settled in Full 15/12/06

Barclays - - Settled in Full 29/11/06

Morgan Stanley - Settled In Full 03/10/06

MBNA - Settled In Full 23/09

American Express - Settled in Full 30/11/06 via bailiffs

If you have ULR / Legal Cover on your Insurance, ring them as this will not show on your claims history, as it is usually a seperate entity.

But if not, you need to write to the TP to advise them that you are not happy by the delays caused, and you intend to commence legal action in 28 days unless you receive an admission of liability.

You might also start hiring a car.... This will speed the insurance company up as the fees they charge are exorbitent!

If you hear nothing within 28 days then send a final warning letter then a moneyclaim form (unless you are claiming personal injury, then it is a bit different)

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Not going through my own insurers as the other driver accepted liability.

It is usually a condition of insurance that you notify them of any accident, regardless of whether or not you want them involved. However as it appears to be an open and shut case, why not let your insurers do what you are paying them for and let them sort it out? If as you say, the guy has accepted liability, then you won't lose any no claims bonus.

I am chasing a claim on my daughters behalf. She was only TPFT with Direct Line.

At present I am hiring her a car until the third party admits liability.

I then intend to claim the full fees + damage (it's a write off) back.

Will keep you posted as to how long this takes and end result.

Good luck with your claim.