Hutchinson 3G Nightmare!!

Monoloco
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have any advice on the following problem. I took out a mobile contract with 3G approximately 18 months ago. To cut a long story short, the service was appalling, the customer service was worse than useless so I decided to pay off the contract.

I called them and asked how much it would be to never hear from them again and was told a figure. I confirmed that this would be the final amount I would have to pay and that I would receive no more contact from them. This happened in April this year.

Then approximately 5 weeks ago I received a call from a debt collection agency informing me that I owed a final monthly bill of about £27. I informed them that I had settled everything with 3G and was informed that I had paid everything off.

I'm now getting letters, phone calls and threats of county court action as I haven't paid off the final £27!!

The thing that really irritates me is that I asked 3G for the final amount to pay to make sure I never heard from them again and paid it - now they're trying to squeeze another £27 out of me!!!!

As I move about a lot, I don't have any correspondence stating that that is the final amount to pay.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this - short of paying the final £27??!? It's not the money that's a problem, it's the fact that the whole thing was appallingly bad from the start and I'm loathed to pay them a further amount after being assured that I had paid in full.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

I'm assuming the DCA tracked you down, rather than call you to an address that Hutchison knew about? The only secure way forward it to tell the DCA their account is disputed and refer it back to their client. You then approach Hutchison and ask why you are being chased in this way as you paid off your contract. If you need paperwork, ask 3UK for a SAR which can cost £10, as this will provide full screen gabs of your account and the notes taken from all calls. Hopefully, that will assist in resolving the matter.