The HSBC off topic and talking about silly stuff type thread :-)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 backpackers were looking for a hotel, they stumbled upon one going for £30 a night. They each paid £10 and headed to their room. The manager, realizing there was a discount on all rooms for the night, sent the bellboy to return £5. In the room, they agreed it was difficult to spilt the £5. “We will take £1 each and give you £2″; each backpacker paid £9. Multiply £9 and 3 people = £27. Add that and £2 tip they gave the bell boy = £29. What happened to the other £1???

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

I notice that you didn't answer the question Jo

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Took me a bit of time to work out

3 men £10 each = £30

£5 refund = £25

men then pay £9 each = £27

LESS £2 refund = £25

am I close?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

3 men £10 each = £30

£5 refund = £25

men then pay £9 each = £27

LESS £2 refund??? = £25

am I close?

Yes very close

Jo got it really.

The room was £25 (£30 minus the £5 returned)

The Bell Boy was paid £2

This equals £27 which is the 3 x £9

The trick relies on you adding the £2 to the £27 rather than subtracting it.

I got it????? Me????? Really??????

I think that basically the men paid £8.3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 for the room each and not £9 because if you think about it you do not take the £1 of each £10. You divide the £25 by 3.

it is very tricky to put into words what I am trying to say.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

I got it????? Me????? Really??????

I think that basically the men paid £8.3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 for the room each and not £9 because if you think about it you do not take the £1 of each £10. You divide the £25 by 3.

it is very tricky to put into words what I am trying to say.

They paid £9 for the room AND the tip.

How quickly can you find out what is unusual about this paragraph? It looks so ordinary that you would think that nothing was wrong with it at all, and in fact, nothing is. But it is unusual. Why? If you study it and think about it you may find out, but I am not going to assist you in any way. You must do it without coaching. No doubt if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you. I don't know. Now, go to work and try your luck.

Got it but not without help

Interfere away all you want to, you are always welcome.

My washing machine decided to try and catch my kitchen on fire this afternoon. I still feel a bit chesty from all the smoke now.

Do you know of any decent washing machines that do not breakdown after 2 years (must not be Hotpoint or Indesit - I have had very bad dealings with them). also the machine has to be fairly cheap.