style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest 10110001

If you show some ID or a utility bill confirming that the bailiff's debtor does not live there anymore then he will leave you alone. I had this dozens of times when I lived in temporary accommodation in Wiltshire. The house was previously occupied by druggies before being bought by the current landlord.

You can show documents to the bailiff through the letterbox or show them at window to the bailiff outside. There's no obligation to open the door.

If you are threatened or he says he'll return with a locksmith then quietly call police on 999 and report a burglary in progress. Don’t open the door to the police until they have walked the bailiff well away from your premises.

I am a little confused! Why would you want the bailiff to turn up instead of informing the court that the previous occupant has moved? You might not even be in when he/she calls.... so then you will just get the previous occupants info through the door and not see the bailiff's face. I personally would not want a bailiff snooping around!

development in this tale:- northumberland county court are involved and baliff is coming, but the trouble is this guy doesn't live here, I do! Seems they have wasted £75.00 on a guy who doesn't exist, I cant wait to see this baliffs face when he turns up, lol

So you are waiting for this bailiff to turn up just to see his face. The bailiff works for the court, thus TAX PAYERS are paying his wages. I would just pick the phone and inform them that the person does not live at the address and send them proof of who does.

So you are waiting for this bailiff to turn up just to see his face. The bailiff works for the court, thus TAX PAYERS are paying his wages. I would just pick the phone and inform them that the person does not live at the address and send them proof of who does.

That will have no effect, bailiffs always turns up at the target address, even if the debtor has told the bailiff - JBW in this case last year - in writing (stamped & all) that he is now living in Marrakech. JBW still turned up at debtors former home in the UK & cussed the current occupier banging on windows early one morning.

I am the owner of the property and I didn't even waste my breath on them.

If the bailiff wants to waste his own time turning up - then let him.

Bailiffs are usually self-employed; if they are collecting government debts then they are not paid any upfront fee (as with Child Support Agency and TFL). Successfully recovered debts subsidise the nulla-bona debts - which is why the fees are so high.

TFL has a very low success rate in recovering unpaid c-charge because non-paying drivers are the ones who dont register their car or drive a shared pool car.

Private Bailiffs and court bailiffs collecting private debts or CCJ's take an up-front fee from the claimant and this is non-refundable if the debt is uncollectible so there’s no tax payer contribution.

Bailiffs are usually self-employed; if they are collecting government debts then they are not paid any upfront fee (as with Child Support Agency and TFL). Successfully recovered debts subsidise the nulla-bona debts - which is why the fees are so high.

TFL has a very low success rate in recovering unpaid c-charge because non-paying drivers are the ones who dont register their car or drive a shared pool car.

Private Bailiffs and court bailiffs collecting private debts or CCJ's take an up-front fee from the claimant and this is non-refundable if the debt is uncollectible so there’s no tax payer contribution.

I am very aware about bailiffs and all about their fees and everything else. It was just the way the previous message was stated that a bailiff was coming from Northumbria Court. As you are aware some bailiffs are court baliiffs and are only paid around £12-15k if you work direct for the court.

I have to say that bailiffs are not paid any fees if they are collecting for their local councils as well.

Your response about TfL confuses me. Do you know that TfL are actually out on the road collecting fines for themselves. So the reason for Tfl having a low rate is that they drive a pool car? If they drive a pool car for a company i would just go to the address and tell the company that their individual has to pay the charge. You would be surprised how many times the Daily Mirror has paid up.

I would also say that a lot of drivers do not register their car at the addres they reside at. That is why there may be a low collection rate.

That will have no effect, bailiffs always turns up at the target address, even if the debtor has told the bailiff - JBW in this case last year - in writing (stamped & all) that he is now living in Marrakech. JBW still turned up at debtors former home in the UK & cussed the current occupier banging on windows early one morning.

I am the owner of the property and I didn't even waste my breath on them.

If the bailiff wants to waste his own time turning up - then let him.

The bailiff company has an obligation under contract with Councils to visit every address on warrant the council provide to them. If the bailiff has visited the address before and have got proof that the person has moved away then they should not visit the address again but unfortunately bailiffs are moved around different areas, thus meaning that another warrant could be issued, given to a different bailiff, he does not check what may have previously happened and he will turn up and not know that a previous accout was sent back to the council nulla bonna.

Your response about TfL confuses me. Do you know that TfL are actually out on the road collecting fines for themselves. So the reason for Tfl having a low rate is that they drive a pool car? If they drive a pool car for a company i would just go to the address and tell the company that their individual has to pay the charge. You would be surprised how many times the Daily Mirror has paid up.

I didn't mean that kind of pool car. I was referring to the type used by the criminal fraternity in dealing & fetching contraband. It’s usually an older car - a jalopy or a crash-repair which can be ditched quickly if stopped.

They are always registered to an unobtainable address or sometimes name-swapped like they do with minicabs. (where 2 cab drivers exchange vehicle registration addresses to safegaurd against accidental road fines and unannounced bailiff attacks)

The bailiff company has an obligation under contract with Councils to visit every address on warrant the council provide to them. If the bailiff has visited the address before and have got proof that the person has moved away then they should not visit the address again but unfortunately bailiffs are moved around different areas, thus meaning that another warrant could be issued, given to a different bailiff, he does not check what may have previously happened and he will turn up and not know that a previous accout was sent back to the council nulla bonna.

Then rowbo1071again has no choice but watch the bailiff turn up and waste tax payers money.

• 3 weeks later...

Said baliff turned up today and went away with tail between his legs as I'm not Mr. Kevin Harris and never will be! He was very apologetic after my GSD nearly broke the door down to get to him, lol very loudly! I did phone his office like suggested but they insisted on sending someone out as they didn't believe me! Ahhhh well another day over.