Bank Of Ireland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I AM BEING ABSOLUTELY HAMMERED BY THESE BUNCH OF CROOKS,IF THEY WORE MASKS THEY COULD BE CALLED DICK TURPIN.I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY ADVICE ON THE FIRST STAGE OF CLAIMING THE CHARGES BACK ie WHAT TO DO FIRST, WHAT TO WRITE IN MY FIRST LETTER ,HOW TO SEND A DATA PROTECTION LETTER TO GET MY STATEMENTS ETC, I'M NOT GOING TO SIT BACK AND LET THESE PEOPLE KEEP ME IN THE RED AND WORRYING WHERE I'M GOING GET THE MONEY TO PAY THEM WHEN MOST OF WHAT I OWE IS UNLAWFUL CHARGES,!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B.of.IRELAND-FINAL RESPONSE RECEIVED(NO OFFER)CLAIM BEING FILED

Capital one-offer received for £240(not even half claim)CLAIM BEING FILED

Barclaycard-offer received for £430(not accepted)CLAIM BEING FILED

Hi Richard

Welcome to Forum. It's great to see someone else from Northern Ireland ready to join the fight.

All the letters you will need are in the template thread in the main part of this site.

1. You send off your DPA (allow 40 days to respond)

2. You send off your peliminary request for refund (allow 14 days to respond)

3. You sent off your letter before action (allow 14 days to respond)

4. You lodge court papers in the small claims court.

Its really simple and all the answers you will need are in the frequently asked questions.

If you do need any help just shout as there are loads of people here to help!!

GOOD LUCK

Flo

• Confused 1

Richard first step would be thoroughly read the FAQ's they will address all issues of how to proceed.Then when you have familiarised yourself with what is involved,the templates section will give you all the letters you need to send. It's really very straightforward when you have studied all the relevant info on the site and the main thing to remember-don't let them fob you off or bluff you-you will get what you want.And also open a basic bank account with another bank before you start(what is known here as deploying a parachute!!)in order to circumvent the hassle which will arise if BOI decide they want rid of you and close your account at the end of all this.....

read everything you see, no matter how irrelevant it may seem.

any questions that have not been answered, just post them on here.

tell your friends about this site so that as many people from here can join in. the BIG 4 have had it to easy for to long

thanks for the advice everyone,lets get stuck in to these crooks,i'll get started asap,cheers,will post details of progress

hi guys,its richard again,this is probably gonna sound like a really daft question,i hope someone can help without laughing!! i have read the faqs and have now gone to the templates page to view the data protection letter which i have to send,!!!!!!!!this is the stupid part!!!!!!!!! DO I PRINT THE LETTER OF,i was wondering that if i print the page it will give me the parts like:: account number xxxxxxx,and (their address) (your address) etc, would i have to print this page,scan it back into the computer and then alter it to suit my situation and then reprint? SORRY IF THIS IS GONNA WASTE ANYBODIES TIME FOR SOMETHING STUPID BUT I REALLY WANT TO TAKE THESE CROOKS TO THE CLEANERS,THNX A LOT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

HI,THANKS AGAIN FOR THE ADVICE,I CLICKED YOUR SCALES,I WILL TRY AND DO THAT BUT I SAY TRY,I HAVE NEVER COPIED AND PASTED BEFORE BUT I WILL HAVE A GO UNTIL I GET IT,THANKS A LOT:grin:

Hi Richard

To do this just right click over the top of the letter. It will then give you the option to 'select all' - Click on it and it will all highlight in blue. Right click again and then select 'copy'. Then open a new document in Word. Right click in it and select paste.

After you have done this you can edit the document to suit yourself. Delete all the xxxxx etc and put in all your details

Again if you need anything else just shout!!!

CHEERS

Evening All, Its That Stupid Guy Again, I'm About To Ask Another Stupid Question::: Is There Any Other Way For Me To Use The Templates Other Than Copy And Pasting To Word? It Seems That I Don't Have The Full Version Of Word And My Free Version (i Got It When I Bought The Computer) Has Expired,i Don't Really Want To Fork Out Any Money ,the Bank And Credit Card Companies Have Taken It All,sorry To Be A Nuisance But I Really Want To Get At These People,,,thanks A Lot For All The Advice Given Already

Do you have Wordpad installed?

Start > Programs > Accessories > Wordpad

This should do the trick

• Confused 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

CHEERS FOR THE INFO ON THE TEMPLATES GUYS,GOT THE LETTERS SORTED AND I'M POSTING THEM RECORDED TODAY,FEEL SO MUCH HAPPIER THAT I'VE GOT THE FIRST LETTERS OFF TO THEM AND THE PROCESS HAS STARTED,WILL KEEP POSTING UPDATES OF HOW I GET ON,I HAVEN'T NOTICED MANY PEOPLE ON THE SITE WHO HAVE CLAIMED AGAINST THE BANK OF IRELAND ,SO HOPEFULLY WHEN I GET A POSITIVE RESULT IT WILL ENCOURAGE MORE PEOPLE TO DO SO,CHEERS

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Y'all,just A Wee Update On The *ank ,sorry Bank Of Ireland,still No Reply ,looks Like They Are Going To Be As Bad At Replying To Letters As They Are Good At Charging,although There Is No Problem When They Are Sending Letters Out To Harrass People,i'll Keep Waiting With Baited Breath,just Hope They Don't Comply Then I Can Put In A Complaint To The Information Commissioner,god Luck Everyone I'll Keep You Posted:)

• 6 years later...

Hi Richard,

Which? the Consumer Group are currently campaigning to the Bank of Ireland about their unfair charges. It might be worth visiting their Consumer Rights website and using the online complaints tool to send your complaint directly to the bank from that end too!

Hope this helps,