HELP! Unexpected D/D - where do i stand!?

ryanthelion84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been working my a$$ off for months getting my two credit cards and my current account in order. I've not been illegally overdrawn for 4 months and today I logged into my online banking to find my Current A/C was £69 O/D!!!!! :o

£39 for a D/D from liverpoolfc.tv for a monthly subscription I have....but I have had no correspondence from them to tell me it was due, or to give me any warning so i could make sure the A/C was well enough in credit. As a result they have stuck a £30 D/D Commision charge on my account too!

I was doing so well....things like this really infuriate me!

Is there anything I can do about this?!

HELP!!

Thanks....

Ryan

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -

Martin Luther King, Jr.

this should be covered under the direct debit guarantee, if the you have not been notified in advance that the payment was due out, contact the bank and get them to reverse the payment, ask them if they will reverse the charges as well, if they wont (which is likely) there is a wealth of information on here about claiming the charge back

similar thing has happened with me i havent been o/d since january then checked account and virgin media had took £30 and sent me no notification i wouldnt mind they took £65 last friday which they did tell me about i too am going to quote the direct debit guarantee i for one am sick of being ripped off left right and centre everyway you look someone wants something time the whole nation rebelled and took all these corporate monsters to the small claims court i wonder how many times we have been ripped off without knowing time we all trained to be lawers me thinks

Ryan,

Are you reclaiming your bank charges - you say you've not been o/d for 4 months, so I guess there's some charges before that.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

thanks k65 i have just rung virgin and mentioned the d.d guarantee to them and they said to me that when i get my d/d charge of the bank to send it to them and they will reimburse the £30 back to my account but they wouldnt do a reverse charge sorry to use someone elses thread thought id just let you know it works.

What you should do if you have got internet banking is go into your details of all payments going out of your account/s. You can cancel them there on the spot and no more payments will go to the payee until you re authorise it.

this is useful for mobile phone insurances etc when you get the first three months free etc.

if you have cancelled it and the bank pays it, you are entitled to get it refunded and any charges incurred.

Also

A direct debit, once left your account, can be 'reversed' if you notify the bank within 24 hours.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.